Thread: Cheap FV

Liked: 0

Default Cheap FV

I'm looking for a very, very cheap formula vee, somewhere in the $1500 to $3000 range. It does not have to be running but preferably with an engine. I'm looking for something that with time could come back to SCCA standards, not solo vee. I don't care what year or make, vintage or not. I'm located in California. This may be a tall order but there's no harm in asking. You can also e-mail me @ razorback-14@hotmail.com Thanks.

Liked: 190

Porsche,

Most of your dreams can come true.

Look here http://www.sracing.com/ForSale/forsale.htm There is lots of stuff listed (some even in SoCal) that looks to be "in your ballpark".

Good luck
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 02.07.10 at 12:11 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 2

You can go here http://norcalfv.proboards.com/index.cgi? Since you are in Ca. there ia a vintage RCA listed for $2800.

Default sell your Porsche....

If you sold your Porsche, you could get a competitive Vee and get a start on the tow vehicle and trailer needed as well...

Just Kidding--

one of the the biggest mistakes I made was selling my 1964 356SC to buy a FSV, which was subsequently totalled at turn 12 at Road Atlanta in 1970.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. And Bruce I am interested in a price as low as $2800 but I just can't find the listing on the forum. It's probably staring me right in the face and I can't see it! Could you tell me where to go after the link. Thanks

Liked: 190

Porsche,

Here is a direct link http://norcalfv.proboards.com/index....lay&thread=782

No photos, but it is a $2,800 car with a bunch of spares. Its a vintage RCA and will most likely need some updates to be SCCA compliant, but hey, its $2,800 bucks!
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 02.07.10 at 6:37 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Thanks Bill, I will definitely have to look into that. Seems like an excellent deal.

Liked: 72

Not sure where in Cali you are but Im in Sac and can help. I've been in the class quite a while and know most everyone. PM me.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Just to let everyone know I'm in the foothills, about an hour north of Sacramento, but am willing to go anywhere within around 500 miles to pick up a vee.

I understand that you live in Penn Valley. If you give me a call, 916-712-5742 we can discuss some issues.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Thanks for all your help guys, I found an excellent offer in Jackson and now I have a vee sitting in my driveway.

Liked: 33

Default Running in San Fran region?

Hey I know this post is late, but i just saw it,

Porsche will you be running any races in the San Francisco region this year? or will it be the following year?

Actually It will be the following year. I don't have all the driver gear yet, and the car still needs some work.

dont forget, we're all here to help

Liked: 33

Default Welcome

Well I'm glad to hear that you will be running races with us in the San Fran region can't wait to see you out on the track!

If you are going to do the driver's school at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows I hopefully will be there just bumming around and helping out where I can with any Vees that will be going through the school and also the instructors (how useful I will be is a good question though haha). Hope to see you there!

I stopped by to look at the $2800 RCA last month. It's all there, the engine blew and it's been parked on its stand since. The pictures of its last day are stunning. I cant think of starting another project right now, otherwise I would buy it. Well worth checking out.

Call though, he doesn't have internet.

Be aware of a car that dated. Unless your plans are primarily vintage, an older car can be a liability. My first car was very dated and lasted only the first half of the season.

For Sale bailey

i could have something you could be interested in my e-mail is tiger944@comcast.net My name is ed bailey phone 410-663-9201

Thread Information