Liked: 21

Default Dallara F300 USF3 Car

[SIZE=2]
    This is an amazing car: Technically truly exquisite, with an incredibly high level of design execution, build quality, safety, and factory support. If you've been around race cars for a while, you'll instantly recognize the profound differences between this exotic, ultra professional package and any other "customer" race car.

What I like most about modern Formula 3 is that second only to F1, it is the highest contemporary formula category in which world class manufacturers like Dallara, Lola, Martini, and Mygale compete directly with each other: Within this competitive market context technology levels are extremely high, with engineering refinement simply not found in one make/spec classes. These are highly advanced, incredibly capable cars which are still accessible at the enthusiast level.

As a testament to the Dallara F300’s capabilities, reference the USF3 qualifying lap record at Sears Point against the standing Formula Atlantic record. Bear in mind that the USF3 VW engine package delivers an understressed 200HP on electronic fuel injection (pectel) versus the Atlantic’s highly volatile 250+ HP.

SCCA FA qualifying record
    1:29.317 Keith Lively

USF3 qualifying record
    1:29.651 Luciano Gomide

Chassis specifics:

This Dallara F300 chassis #037 is equipped with a low mile Bertils USF3 specification VW engine which runs strong. The chassis was delivered new to the states in 2000 for use in the now defunct USF3 series, and ran only a very limited schedule. It is a pristine, extremely low time chassis/engine, with a truly perfect, never damaged all carbon FIA tub and crushbox. Other notable features include a fresh TRE prepped 5 speed Dallara/Hewland transaxle, Koni 2812 MKII shocks, fresh AP twin plate 5.5" clutch, monster Brembo brakes, and Pi2 data. The fluids, pads, battery, and hoses are all new/fresh, with Willians belts good until 2008. The chassis has been SCCA homologated, and has the SCCA specification roll hoop, fuel port, and ID certificate. It is exceptionally clean, and has just been set up, shaken down, and completely race prepped.

Depending on engine displacement, (1835cc or 2000cc) it is eligible for SCCA’s Formula Atlantic and Formula "S"…or a myriad of "historic" sanctions.

---------------

Spares:

Wheels/tires
    Speedline magnesium wheels: 2 sets in addition to those on the car (3 sets total) - all in new or near new condition - One set with scrubbed Avons, the other with new sticker Kumhos.

Transport wheels: complete set including hubs, wheels, and tires – excellent.

Gears
    MK5 gears: 27 sets in addition to those in the car (32 sets total)

Bodywork: all with fresh paint to match the silver/anthracite scheme on car.
    Front wing main plane - carbon
    Front wing endplates
    Front wing mounts – billet
    Front wing mount fairings
    Nose cone/FIA crush structure – carbon/honeycomb
    Rear wing endplates
    Underbody splitter - carbon

General
    Jabrock chassis plank - new
    FIA Rollhoop
    Half shaft/CV assembly - complete
    Front upright/hub assembly
    Front tie rod
    Eibach F3 springs
    Bosch starter
    Camber shims
    Bellville washers
    Chassis - specific hardware
    Bosch Motorsport sparkplugs – new
    Factory manual (an amazing engineering document)
    Complete parts drawings/list

[SIZE=2]F/R Pushrod turnbuckle with rodend
    Rear suspension clevice: new
    Transaxle bearings: new
    AP Clutch discs: 2 at .098" thickness
    Fuel and oil filters: new
    Alternator belt - new
    Caliper seals - new
    [/SIZE]
    --------------

Motor:

A complete, brand new, dyno time-only Bertils USF3 VW engine is also available: It is compete with structural pan and valve cover, Bertils/TDC pump, billet front cover, fuel injection manifold, butterflies, injectors, linkage, engine harness, etc...Everything is brand new. Unitized container included

--------------

Located at Buttonwillow Raceway, Southern CA

Pricing:

Car with low time motor: Fully sorted and ready to run - 38.5k
    Spares: 7.5k
    Brand New Motor: 11.5k

Prefer to sell as a package: offers considered.

[/SIZE][SIZE=2]michael.scully@designworksusa.com[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]805.376.6246
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by MVS; 05.22.12 at 2:46 PM.

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Gearbox?

Is it an H pattern ? If you need one I have an engine wire harness for one of these cars! I think this car would make a nice Formula "S" car with a VW 16 Valve twin cam engine
    Last edited by D.T. Benner; 08.18.06 at 12:46 PM.

Liked: 0

Default Possible Sport Racer

Wouldn't it be worth it to fab some sport racer fenders for this car and sell it as a killer CSR? Look at the prices of a new Stohr or Panoz. This seems like it would be the car to have in a similar price range. Also the owner is quite eloquent in his writing ability.
    Last edited by Jonathan Speed; 08.18.06 at 8:15 AM.

Liked: 553

The car does look nice.

I'm not sure what kind of motors might come with the car, but my hunch is they would not be legal for FA or CSR.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 11

Default nice car

I think I drove this car or it's twin back in 2001 when Euromotorsports was testing for the now dead USF3 series. It had a regular H pattern 5 speed and a very quick clutch that made everyone stall in pit lane. The motor was a 2000cc air restricted VW. The motor didn't feel as strong as an atlantic and didn't have as much grip either. The car feels like a cross between a FC and an FA car, being Italian it is beautifully made, too bad the series failed.

Default Dallara

[SIZE=2]Thanks for the interest in the car.

To your questions:

Transaxle: As Paddy suggests, H pattern 5 speed with LSD...This one is fresh from Taylor.

Motors and their class eligibility:

The motors with the car are 2 liter units which are restricted/understressed at 200hp/160ft#....and they run forever. - thousands of miles. - They're good to go for FS right now.

The same crossflow injected SOHC VW is legal in FA and CSR at 1835cc. - with legal "full race" preparation giving approx 240 HP…with excellent torque. - What few ponies it'd give up in HP to a Toyota it'd gain back in spades in torque - a trade off I'd take any day. Bertils will downsize/tweak these motors for VERY, VERY reasonable money. That said, the motors are so reasonable to run in their current configuration that it'd be a bit frustrating to turn them into the grenades which the current rules stipulate. - Perhaps the comp board would look upon their current specification as a more realistic FA/CSR engine formula?

And I agree, it'd be the bee's knees as a sportsracer - I've drawn-up a body for just that purpose.

All the best,
    Michael
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by MVS; 08.18.06 at 1:38 PM.

Default Sport Racer Body Work

Michael,

Possibly you could post drawings of the car with fenders to spark a prospective sport racer buyer. Just a thought.

Jon

Liked: 10

Default Dallara

I own one of these cars. They're beautifully made. The parts are easy to come by. Off the web from Dallara.

The down side, not the same amount of ground effects as a 014 or 41 and not the same amount of downforce. Bertils does'nt do VW's anymore. You need to find someone else to do the motors. I just got an email from him 2 days ago stating he is out of the VW business. The best motor will get 190 at the wheel. The engine does'nt come on until 6200 and redlines at 8200. To drive it with any success, you need to run it in a very narrow powerband. It's faster and better handling than a Zetec Van Deimen but slower and less grip than a Ralt rt-41 or a Swift 014.

It would make a great CSR except for the fact it would be horribly underpowered.

These are the facts. I love my car. It's fun to drive and I plan on keeping it for a long time. If you buy this car, buy it with eyes open knowing what it is and isn't.

As far as being one tier under F-1, the GP2 may disagree.

Good luck to whoever buys this one.
    Jimmy
    Last edited by jimh3063; 08.20.06 at 8:00 PM.
    Jimmy Hanrahan
    jimh3063@yahoo.com

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Jimmy...

I bought some Pectel T-2 ECU's for these cars and I have 2 engine wire harnesses. If you would like one of them for a spare you can have it for the cost of mailing it to you. You can reach me at dvbenner@yahoo.com or call me at 510-825-2737. Darrell
    Last edited by D.T. Benner; 09.16.06 at 10:26 PM.

Default Update

[SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Sorry to hear Jimmy's 1835cc motor isn't what they're purported to be. - Perhaps the existing 2.0L longstroke USF3 motor is a better package. - good thing this car has two of 'em! - Although from what I hear, Bertils is still doing motors...and GP2 is a spec series…but I digress.

I've updated the spares package with a few more bits, and adjusted the pricing structure to reflect a significant reduction to each segment.

New pricing:

Car with low time motor: Fully sorted and ready to run - 37.5k
    Spares: 6.5k
    Brand New Motor: 10.5k

Offers on the entire package are encouraged.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Liked: 553

Michael, note that Jimmy stated "at the wheel", so you may be comparing apples, oranges.

I spoke with Bertil earlier this year. He said he was semi retired, and was picking and choosing what he worked on. I was talking to him about my Toyota. I got the impression he would take mine for a freshen if I requested. He was the original and most recent builder of my engine.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default F3 Dallara

Folks:
    The car is what is it. The 2.0 has a smaller bore hence breathes less than the larger bore/bigger valve 1.865 rabbit motor. Bertil can explain the differences. The car is a great car. I've purchased a stroker kit and the 1.835 will be around 2.1 . I bought it from Bertil. He is picking and choosing what he works on. He stated he was restoring an old Saab and was in Semi retirement the last time I spoke with him. I'm sure if the right $$ came across his path he would do your engine. He's an honest decent guy and you won't be disapointed.

As for the amount of torque and HP. I'm sure the owner of the car would post his dyno sheet to back up his claim. I have one and would be happy to post it.

I hope whoever reads this understands the car is spectacular in handling and execution of the chassis. It's a Dallara. What's not to like about it. I wish I never spoke up but I just wanted to make sure whoever bought the car knows it isn't a Van Demien. I mean that in a good way. It handles like no ones business. You just can't get a wishbone at the track!! It's just not your run of the mill Swift or Ralt that 10 other people at the track have.

If your thinking of buying this car, speak with Bertil about the engines. Both the 1.865 and the 2.0 are not easy to get a bunch of HP and Torque out of . To quote Bertil, they were'nt designed as race engines. The upside is, with no chassis mods, this car can run about 10 different engines. Not many cars can say that.

You won't be disapointed but go in with eyes open. It's a great car. It's just not for everyone. It's not going to beat an equally driven Ralt of Swift either.

I'm not speaking as a person on the outside, I own one.
    Jimmy
    Last edited by jimh3063; 09.22.06 at 2:56 AM.
    Jimmy Hanrahan
    jimh3063@yahoo.com

Default Package Deal

[SIZE=2]
    In an effort to move this sale along, I'll offer-up this package deal:

Race ready car with low time motor, complete spares package as itemized above including transport wheels, AND the additional brand new motor:

50k for EVERYTHING.
    [/SIZE]

Default Good Deal

Mike:
    Thats a very good deal for what you're offering. I would also like to mention that there are a few xSR people who could easily modify a xSR body for this car. The 1.835 engine can be stroked to get competitive CSR HP and torque.

Good luck to whoever buys the car.

Jimmy
    Jimmy Hanrahan
    jimh3063@yahoo.com

Default Sales Status

Car is no longer on the market. - Thank you to all those who posted/inquired.

anybody knows where can I buy one of those mononut hub assembly?

Liked: 273

Default I make these

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    anybody knows where can I buy one of those mononut hub assembly?
    I make these asemblies. You can contact me via email or PM.

Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc

gary@edgecnc.com

Thread Information