Thread: USF1 Auction

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default USF1 Auction

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/imag...?gallery=10981

Awesome selection of tools, not much race car stuff but you may be able to buy the tub for a couple hundred bucks. Imagine the possibities.

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by D. Johnston View Post
    http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/imag...?gallery=10981

Awesome selection of tools, not much race car stuff but you may be able to buy the tub for a couple hundred bucks. Imagine the possibities.
    Already auctioned off this morning. The tub went for just under 8000.

Everything else went for nearly original price it seemed if you factor in the premium from the auction and the sales tax. Things were being bid way too high for an auction like this. Lots of people who wanted things that were from USF1 probably caused it.

Liked: 45

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    Already auctioned off this morning. The tub went for just under 8000.

Everything else went for nearly original price it seemed if you factor in the premium from the auction and the sales tax. Things were being bid way too high for an auction like this. Lots of people who wanted things that were from USF1 probably caused it.
    I agree; I thought the prices were high. Then again, the stuff was almost brand new.

Liked: 190

How much did they get for those two toasters?
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 1845

I am always baffled when i see auction item going for the original (and sometimes higher) price, regardlees of its provinance. When I go bid on anything, once the price gets over 25% of new, I walk away.

Liked: 973

I went to pick up an autoclave for a client with the assistance of the Mecklenburg County Sheriffs office on Wednesday morning. Departed at 11:30 am and there were very few people there to inspect. Lots of nice cabinets and Haas equipment, liittle else.
    Last edited by John LaRue; 06.29.11 at 10:30 AM.

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post
    I went to pick up an autoclave for a client with the assistance of the Mecklenburg County Sheriffs office on Wednesday morning. Departed at 11:30 am and there were very few people there to inspect. Lots of nice cabinets and Haas equipment, liittle else.
    I was wondering where that thing went. I rmemebered seeing it on the list at one point and then all of a sudden gone.

Liked: 309

You got my address for that autoclave, right John?
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 973

Stan,

I can envision your name on the door!

Liked: 5

A friend of mine had registered to bid online and he said people didn't do their homework. A printer that was $400 new went for $700 and a $90 porta-power kit went for $175! I'm glad I decided not to go.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked: 96

Default over pay

Quote Originally Posted by lancer360 View Post
    A friend of mine had registered to bid online and he said people didn't do their homework. A printer that was $400 new went for $700 and a $90 porta-power kit went for $175! I'm glad I decided not to go.
    This happens more times than you would believe! People will pay close to or at full price for a used item with out a warrante and think that they got a good deal. Also, they do not figure in the buyers fee (in this cause an insane 16%) in the total cost. Along with the time and moving costs, much over 50% on larger items is no deal. Just my $0.02.

john f

Liked: 768

Default USF1 auction

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/14/t...auctioned-off/

yeah, never mind the $8000 tub that's now a paper weight,
    check out that surface table underneath it !!

Thread Information