Liked: 4

Default Private IRacing SRF Racing

[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]Some of us over on the SpecRacer.com forum are trying to get to "critical mass" for private races on IRacing with the SRF. Right now we're planning for Tuesday nights with the race at about 10:00 PM EDT. Qualifying about 30 minutes earlier, and as much practice time as I can set-up before then. We're trying to limit it to people that race for real. That's why I'm posting here. I'm guessing that racing an SRF in a sim won't be of interest to most of you, but it can't hurt to post the schedule. Join us if you'd like.

If the race is password protected, the password will be SRF25.

5/18/2010: Lime Rock Park - Full
    5/25/2010: Road Atlanta - Full
    6/1/2010: Charlotte Road Course (I think it will be fun.)
    6/8/2010: Laguna Seca
    6/15/2010: Road Atlanta - Full
    6/22/2010: To Be Determined
    6/29/2010: Lime Rock Park - Chicane
    7/6/2010: Summit Point Raceway - Summit Point Raceway

Ed

Liked: 447

What kind of car count are you predicting? I just ran my first iRacing race last night and it was pretty fun. Still need to figure a lot of things out though.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

We've been having a bit of trouble getting a decent car count. Our last race, on 4/27, we had 8 cars start and had 6 running at the finish. No race was held the past two Tuesdays. That's what prompted me and another SpecRacer.com member to decide to set a fixed schedule and host the race regardless of how many people say in advance that they'll be there. That's also what prompted me to post our schedule on ApexSpeed.

I'd love to see 15 cars show-up regularly. I think that everyone would than have someone to race with.

We'd love to have you join us Keith. I'd happily share my current set-ups with you too, though, I'm not a "front runner" in our races. The other guys would share set-ups too.

Ed

Liked: 15

Sounds like fun. Im in.

Liked: 0

I'll see you guys there if I'm at home. I love that little car.

I'll try to make it, but most likely won't have time to qualify.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Guys,

The session at the Lime Rock Full course is now open for practice. Unless I messed-up the scheduling, a 25 minute qual session should start at 9:35 EDT with the race at 10:00 EDT.

Session name is: SpecRacer
    Session password is: SRF25 (all caps)

Please race like the damage is real; please stay in the race until the end, even if you're no longer in contention; give racing room.

I won't be in the session until about 9:00 PM EDT.

Ed

This is cool guys, finally a group of real racers. I'll join as much races as I can

Steven
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

Congrats Steve.

I got collected in the first turn by some yellow car skating back across the track. Was fun trying to keep the car on track after that. Only 2 seconds off the pace with no seat time.

Maybe I'll get to put more time in after the rFactor league is over.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thanks for coming, guys. Congrats Steve. Keith, I got collected at the start too. Pat Gallagher apologized quite a bit. He said his monitor froze and he had no idea where the car was going in the sim.

Road Atlanta next week.

Thanks for the clarification, Ed. I don't have my chat on when in game because it's a distraction. So do ratings change at all when racing in private races? Mine didn't change any and that's a very good thing. I still need to figure all this stuff out.. Setups, fuel loads, pit stops, tow rides, etc...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thanks guys, it was fun, thanks for putting the room up Ed. There was a good group of 5 of us at the start, and then it slowly dwindled. After the 15th lap I was by myself which really sucked. Too bad I don't have Road Atl, I think I have all the others though... I can't wait for Summit Point. It's really tricky in these cars, consequently, it's really fun too.

-Keith, the private races don't affect your Safety Rating or iRating (good for me too)
    -I'll send you my setup whenever we race with each other again, it's really stable and consistent.
    - With the SRF and Solstice fuel loads and Pit stops aren't necessary. In the Skip you can set your fuel, but 3.1 gallons finishes the race at every track.
    -In a non-hosted race, you can crash your car once and it will be repaired, after that you're on your own
    - 2 seconds off the pace is really good, you'll be pretty fast in the series sessions (non hosted races that come up on the ticker)

iRacing is fun once you get used to it, recently it's been really frustrating for me because I crash constantly, until tonight miraculously.

Good Luck
    Steven

Almost got the ITA car ready to race!
    SCCA WDCR

Keith,

What Steven said.

Steven: You can always buy Road Atlanta for next week.

Also, can you attach your Lime Rock and Summit Point *.sto files to a post here?

One thing that's surprised me in IRacing is that I think I'm becoming addicted to the short track oval races! I even had a brief, passing thought about looking into what a Legends car costs. Then I realized it would cost me my marriage and family!

Eh, Road Atlanta costs money, which I am lacking. I use this setup for every track. I can get 23.3's at Summit Point, and I suck at Lowe's infield I get like 23's there too. I'll post it on here when I get to my other computer.

Steven
    SCCA WDCR

Sounds like a good time was had. Couldn't make it last night I'm 1400 miles from my wheel atm. Hope to see you all at RAt.

Well that was fun enough. To bad their were only 4 cars and we were down to 3 by the end of lap one

It was fun at times. The last few laps, after Adam dropped-out, I saw the interval between you and I dropping fast. I thought there was a chance to make it a race at the end, but you must have noticed too, since the interval quit dropping and held at about 10 secs to the checker.

I was having big offs dang near every lap there at the end. I didn't even realize I was somehow running up front at that point.

Yeah, after I crossed the finish, I turned around and drove back down the pit road to watch you guys finish. I saw the checker, but it black flagged me, so I think I didn't technically finished, no biggie, it was fun. Hopefully counts will pick up in the future.

Aww that would be it. The server will boot you for driving against traffic for very long. Will see ya all at RAT Tuesday.

Thread Information