Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Kevin,

Obviously I need to read the GCR more closely.

I agree 110% that the protested driver should not have to pay a bond up front.

If the fuel is not legal after the test and the driver refuses to pay up, there are plenty of other avenues to punish the offender that are readily available. License suspension is one that I can think of. Use the same penalities as for refusing to submit to a teardown.

Liked: 9

Default One More Thing....

Just a comment on my sad experience with fuel testing. In 2004 I was DQed for illegal fuel from a 2nd place San Francisco Region National in FA. I lost the Division Championship as a result of this along with all the contingency prizes. I used fuel from a new drum of C12, the only fuel I ever used in my car. Retesting the fuel directly from the drum resulted in a failure also.

As a result of this debacle, my procedure changed to include SCCA testing ($5), at the track, of the fuel from every new drum I purchased before it went in my car.

Manufacturing problems occur; your supplied fuel may not meet the specs even if it is a previously "good" product. SCCA testing should be available at the track so you have a fair chance to know that the fuel you're using is legal. I'm not offering any solutions to the questions raised in the thread but just offering my experience to the group for inclusion in the discussion.

Mechanical specifications in the GCR can generally be applied by anyone skilled with suitable measuring equipment. With that principle in mind, in specifying fuel, the SCCA needs to provide competitors with the necessary information to apply and verify the specifications ourselves or make the tests easily and promptly available to competitors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information