Liked: 15

Default Want to host iRacing sessions @ R.A.

With the Cat/Sprints/Runoffs coming up, I would like to start hosting sessions at Road America maybe once a week. Is anybody interested? Which days of the week work best for everyone? I figure we can rotate cars and iRacing now has the ability to run three classed in one session. Which cars have the most interest?

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by awhitston View Post
    With the Cat/Sprints/Runoffs coming up, I would like to start hosting sessions at Road America maybe once a week. Is anybody interested? Which days of the week work best for everyone? I figure we can rotate cars and iRacing now has the ability to run three classed in one session. Which cars have the most interest?

I'd be game. The only nights I definitely can't are Wednesdays. And for me it would have to be after 830PM Eastern for the race.

As for cars.

SRF
    TDI Cup

are my top two choices for close fields after that in order

C6R
    Star Mazda
    Falcon
    Skippy

Liked: 447

If the iRacing thing doesn't work out, we'll also be running an updated version of Road America for the rFactor league after we run Heartland Park this Wednesday.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 11

I would be interested, how about Sunday or Wednsday evenings. I hate the SRF, way too slow. I vote for Star Mazda, Lotus 79, Dallara Indycar or the Radical. RA is much more accurate on iracing than the version on rfactor, at least the older version.

Liked: 0

Default im in

i'm in, any day works for me!

I just signed up for the month so I'm in too. I can do any night except Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Preferably after 9:30 CST but I know that's pretty late for a lot of people. As for cars, I would prefer the Star Mazda or possible the Skippy car. Nothing too extremely slow that would put me to sleep while driving...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

OK, why dont we try Monday nights at about 10pm EST. Ill open up a session with star mazda tonight. We can adjust things as we go I think. I will also put up a post on iRacing forum to see if we can get some more SCCA participants that way and fill the session up in the coming weeks. My name is Andrew Whitston. You guys want to send me a p.m. through iRacing so I have your accounts on there and I will send you session name and password when I get it figured out. I will also try and post it here later today.

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by awhitston View Post
    OK, why dont we try Monday nights at about 10pm EST. Ill open up a session with star mazda tonight. We can adjust things as we go I think. I will also put up a post on iRacing forum to see if we can get some more SCCA participants that way and fill the session up in the coming weeks. My name is Andrew Whitston. You guys want to send me a p.m. through iRacing so I have your accounts on there and I will send you session name and password when I get it figured out. I will also try and post it here later today.

Be wary of getting a bunch of 'random' guys though. With the SRF guys I've run with we bounch back and forth on it and have generally had poor luck when we had a bunch of random people from the iRacing forums show up.

yeah, i kinda understand that. I just want to be able to get some practice laps in and whenever I run a test session alone I end up falling asleep after about a half hour. Thought this might be a good way to get people who also want practice at the track together. I wasnt really planning on a league so if turnout varies from week to week so be it. Just hoping there would be some interest to spice up test sessions a bit. Session will be named SCCA Road America. No password at this point.

Did you guys run tonight?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information