Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 78

Default Photo in post #19

Frog,
    Did you notice Daves front tires in the picture? NICE!

Liked: 3787

Joe,

If you look closely at Dave's picture in post #10, you will see the same thing. Dave has told me a few times that he likes a "rear steer" car. Sometimes hard to accomplish with a VD, but a Citation can be dialed in. Although... I think Dave had a bit more oversteer than he wanted. We'll have to ask him.

When one looks at maybe 3000 shots of the cars on one day, it does not take long to see patterns, especially in tire tread "shine". It becomes quickly obvious what the front dogs are doing. Some teams will purchase all their pictures for a weekend, even if they are not the quality we would normally release, just to look at tires and chassis position, etc.

Liked: 9

QUOTE=Purple Frog;251989]This year the F2000 Championship has a bumper crop of Rookies.

Not enough can be said for Daniel Erickson. Oh so close to two wins on his first appearance with the Series under the guidance of Jon Baytos. A loose sparkplug wire ruined what might have been on Sunday.

Tim Kautz was part of the the most entertaining FF race for the win at Road America last fall. Could he repeat Tim Dunn's entrance to the Series? In saturday's race he was running third until... oops. I expect him to be a strong contender with liberty Motorsports backing and wrenches of the likes of Gibby.

Chris Livengood was the only person flying the Pinto banner. He was very competitive in his first showing. Always close to breaking in the top ten. With John Walko engineering they will only improve. They bought the car with unknown engine, and haven't refreshed it yet. Imagine Niki's engine in the 37...

I should have put in a picture of Tim Paul turning right. Everybody already knows he knows how to turn left. We had a blast turning left AND right! Thanks to Mike, Bobby, Stevan and Tad we kept the wheels under us and got valuable experience. Many thanks to GTP for getting us prepared mechanically and mentally.Looking forward to Atlanta. What a great bunch of people to go racing with. We felt right at home.

Billy McLaughlin is driving a K-Hill car. He spends a bit of time also in a FB. Word is he will be moving into a new Firman.

I covered Chris Keller's odessy in a previous post.[/QUOTE]

Liked: 3787

Tim,

Welcome to Apexspeed!

It's rare that one's first post is after their first pro race.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 05.09.10 at 1:40 PM.

Liked: 0

Default Chris Keller

Finelli,
    Many thanks for the party. I am glad we were able to get your car up and running for Chris. He is a great prodigy and a nice guy! I know we supplied some parts to get your car up and running, hope everything works great !
    Chris Walsh
    After Burner Race Car Parts

Liked: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Tim,

Welcome to Apexspeed!

It's rare that one's first post is after their first pro race.

That was my father, Rick. This is Tim, haha

I can't wait for Road Atlanta, thanks for the pics! I can't thank everybody enough, the pictures look awesome.

As far as getting on this forum... well I'm a little behind, You'll all be hearing from me a lot more from here on out!

Liked: 35

Tim....

You did a hell of job for the first time out at VIR...and having to TURN RIGHT....and change gears.
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Liked: 43

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY81 View Post
    Tim....

You did a hell of job for the first time out at VIR...and having to TURN RIGHT....and change gears.
    Thank you very much! It's not all that different when you get right down to the nitty gritty. It's still competing at speed. There's still pedals and a steering wheel and 4 wheels on the thing. If it has an engine, I'll drive it... and enjoy doing it.

I had a blast and I'm REALLY excited to be a part of this formula car stuff. It's way cleaner than the dirt track stuff... as long as you don't go off of course!

Default Thanks

Scotty,
    Thanks for your help at VIR. Also appreciate your advice on the clutch replacement parts. Nice to know we can get the right stuff quickly.We are having to learn a lot of things on the fly.
    Safe travels.
    Rick

Liked: 19

Even with a red roll hoop ~ That car still looks fast

Liked: 35

Thanks Rick.......
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Default Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
    Even with a red roll hoop ~ That car still looks fast
    Matt,
    I think it IS fast. Now we need seat time.
    By the way - will you be in Atlanat?. Maybe we can talk about the blue and white car with the red roll hoop.Please look us up if you are there.

Thanks,

Rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information