Liked: 0

Default 25th Anniversary Thanks!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I wanted to start this last night but I returned home with the sinus/cold crud that has been going around. It basically knocked me out for the last 24 hours. So I guess I need to start with a "thanks" to the higher powers that held the bug off until Monday!

There are two things that always happen on a race weekend. First, there is never as much time on the weekend as you need to do thing as well as you would hope, and second, you always remember people you miss and would have liked to have recognized personally at the the event.

I need to personally thank two people that I SHOULD have recognized sooner.

John Annis was personally responsible for making sure that both the event posters and the acrylic SRF trophies were made. Thank you John!

Chris Funk is responsible for the beautifully framed pieces that were provided to the podium finishers. Thank you Chris!

Thanks are due do to the people responsible for the Block Party... Stacey Harris and Stacey Grammer. And clearly we all need to thank Jeff Futrelle and Clay Sylvester for the pig and shrimp!

I also want to thank each and every driver, team member and CSR for making our jobs so easy. You guys are simply the best in the business!

Oh. I also want to personally thank the two drivers from Alabama (my home state) for showing their state colors during the weekend! Nice work guys!

And Mr. Cruz... you deserve a very personal thanks for taking the time to come find me and tell us what a great time you had before you left. I realize your weekend was expensive, and knowing that you came all the way to the tower before leaving really meant a great deal to me and the USERA staff.

We had a great time and it was truly an honor to be part of your event.

[/FONT][/FONT]

Liked: 59

Well, shucks, Ken...You embarass me like that and I won't do that anymore.

Seriously, I love the minimal bureaucracy format, and all the little and not so little things that show the organizers truly realize what makes our weekend easier and imposes MUCH less unnecessary hassle, resulting in much more enjoyment than I am accustomed to.

If anyone is wondering what made my weekend so expensive go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhJSxYP3c5Q

It was eerily similar to last April at VIR...but damage was much less, and we are going to try and be out for a shakedown by Mother's Day. My Mom will be thrilled.

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 447

Damn Cruz... You need to post more video footage than just wrecking. Glad you're ok (and stupid to keep coming back). See you at the Sprints!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 0

Dang Eric, sure glad you walked away once again and very sorry to see you had another knoggin thumper. You have now officially matched my number of inverted racing, so no more young man....

If the Mother's Day you are referecing happens to be at VIR I will make sure to look you up.

Take care, glad to see you are fine...

Liked: 59

Thanks, Keith...I'm really going to try and not do that anymore, but I don't seem to have any control over it happening. Guess I just need to qualify better...

Hey Chuck - Yep...going to try and do a shakedown at VIR on the member test day before the Mother's Day weekend (and do the regional if all goes well) but that's going to be a function of how soon parts show up...

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Eric, depending on how you look at it, you are either the luckiest or unluckiest person on this message board. Glad you're ok. I had to double check the video against the VIR video from last year to make sure you weren't pulling a prank on us, exactly the same

Thread Information