Liked: 2

Default RFactor, best place to go for software install problems?

My good friend, Bob Lobenberg attempted yesterday to download and use the demo version of RFactor. He's trying to compare RFactor to Irace but had a problem with the software downloaded from Rfactor
    after the install, he had nothing but a black screen and sound? The O/S is Win 7. After several visits to the Rfactor site and a few others, have not found any support on the forums or on the site.

Any suggestions either to fix the problem or where to go to find a solution?
    George Main
    SpeedSense consulting

Liked: 447

THE go to site used to be Race Sim Central but after the melt down it's gone... Hopefully it comes back with all of the old info.

NoGripRacing.com may be another place to get help. I can't tell you much. I have it working on Windows7 without an issue. I would first try a reinstall. After that I would try different video drivers.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 25

Did it run the rfactor config app on the first run? If not try running it from start/rfactor/rfactor config. If that doesn't work uninstall and try again. We've got it running on 3 machines with 7 and only issue I have is it's kind of funky installing add-ons or mods. It's usually best to just install them to a folder and move to correct places afterwards as everyone has their own idea of how it should work evidently. Let us know how it goes.
    Dave

Liked: 11

don't have windows7 installed yet but you may want to try right clicking on the rfactor.exe and "run as administrator". That is something you have to do with Vista. I've heard it's the same with w7.

another good site/forum for help is http://www.nogripracing.com/

Liked: 2

Thanks guys for your input.
    George Main
    SpeedSense consulting

Thread Information