Liked: 5

Wanted To Buy Formula Ford (VFF/CFF) to go racing

Hello,

I'm officially in the market for a VFF/CFF to go east coast vintage racing. You can see my previous post with questions at http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37163

I'm delivering my Lotus Seven to it's new home this weekend and wouldn't want to let any money accrue interest in my back account when it could be spent on a race car....

I've looked through the For Sale posts here in both Vintage and FF areas. I've also been to race-cars.com and various other internet searches. I'm doing some test fits on a few cars where that is possible. So, if people on this forum have a Vintage FF or pre-81 Club FF for sale, feel free to reference it here or send me a note.

I'm 5'9", 185. A little wide in the shoulders for reference. I've been vintage racing in SVRA, HSR, VDCA and VRG on the east coast for 6 years. I of course have a budget but everything is negotiable. Looking for an actual race ready car but again after having a Lotus Seven with a Kent 711M engine it in for 7 years I have an idea of what that means.

I live in Raleigh, NC so anything within 500 miles would be preferable. But then again, that didn't stop me from buying a Lotus Elite that was in Phoenix either.

Thanks for all the advice and conversation from the previous thread I posted above.

Scott
    Scott Nettleship
    1981 Crossle 45F

Liked: 0

For Sale Lola 640

I have a Lola 640 that I purchase for a father/ son project. My son never showed interest so the project never got started. It has many spares(a wrecked 640)If this would work for you lets talk and make a deal.
    Thanks,Michael
    molsenmotorsport@yahoo.com
    San Jose, Ca.

Default Lola 640 project

Thanks for the info. At this time, I'm not interested in project. If someone out there is, feel free to contact Michael.

Scott
    Scott Nettleship
    1981 Crossle 45F

Default Lola T-342

I have a very nice Lola T-342, that is race ready. If you are interested I can send you pictures.

Default Lola 342

Sure. Send me the info and pics. Thanks

Scott
    Scott Nettleship
    1981 Crossle 45F

Liked: 13

There is a VERY clean '82 Reynard at formula haus at Summit Point. This reynard is set-up to race competitivly in the BSFCS, FRCCA and I think the VRG allows it to compete in their C/F class. the racecar is $8,500.00 with a brand new Battery and legal in the FRCCA, BSFCS, great car call AJ at 304-725-4644. It is a very good deal.
    yours for the Sport, AJ

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default 82 Reynard

I've seen the car, too, and it is as stated--a beautiful car that's ready to go! The price is good, too!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Just a thought, isn't an '82 Reynard all rocker suspension ?
    I don't think any organization has expanded Club Ford beyond the at least one end must be outboard.
    Suggest checking with VRG if that is where the buyer intends to run.

Contributing Member

Default 82 is all rocker

Yep, the 82 Reynard is all rocker, but I do know of regions that accept it as a Club Ford. DC Region is an example.

Larry Oliver
    Larry Oliver

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Right, I forgot DC had tried to expand eligibility, has it helped attendance ?
    But within the historic/vintage communities I think it might be a long time until all inboard cars are accepted as CF.

Default Reynard 82f Vintage eligability

Looking at several vintage organizations, it looks like the last Reynard that is eligible in Club Ford is the 78F.

Scott
    Scott Nettleship
    1981 Crossle 45F

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

I still have this car and am willing to discuss pricing as a roller and / or delivery. Car has sat in a heated space since the single event it ran since the full restoration so I won't say it is on the button anymore. However, taking it to a respectable shop or individual in your area would soon have you on the track with a car that will bring you both success and many compliments.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23342

More Pictures here:

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...Crossle%2016F/

Jonathan
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Default Reynard

Can anyone elaborate on the 82 Reynard at Summit point? Overall condition/ What it might need? Thanks in Advance!

Contributing Member

Default 82 Reynard

I've seen this car, and it is, overall, excellent! Fresh, beautiful paint and engine panels. It's been gone through and looks ready to race.

I haven't driven it, nor do I know anything about the engine. All I can say is that I've seen it, and it looks 100% ready.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Default Purchased a Crossle 45F

After too much thinking and deliberation, I purchased a Crossle 45F to take East Coast vintage racing. The car belonged to Denis Downs for those that may know it. I just have to overcome the fact that I had the Lotus 7 for 7 years and was very comfortable in it. Now, I have a CF and need to learn how to drive, shift, maintain, make mistakes.... well you guys get the idea.

I live less than 2 hours from VIR and have conned my way into a member's track day in 2 weeks. I hope to get to learn the very basics of running the car so in April I can go back to VIR for a VDCA/VRG weekend and not be a moving chicane to everyone.

Any and all newbie FF advice is always appreciated. I have found it less expensive to learn from others mistakes then through my own. I prefer the creativity of making my own mistakes especially in ways no one has even thought of.

Scott
    Scott Nettleship
    1981 Crossle 45F

ISTR that the latest Crossle' model allowed in Vintage was the 20. Perhaps the Right Coast is less talented (wink).
    Ken
    Ken

Default Crossle 45 in Vintage racing

The vintage clubs here allow Club Fords up to 1981. Basically, that was the end of the line for out board suspensions. They do require everyone to run on the treaded spec Dunlops. For me this is great since it raises the car count, provides me the ability to get a somewhat safer car and is more economic compared to the 67-73 Lotus, Titan, Merlyn, Crossle, others of that era.

I have always drooled over the Lotus 51 and being a Lotus owner would have loved to have one. I just couldn't justify the extra $10,000 at this time and to tell you the truth, after spending 7 years in a Lotus Seven in the production car group, I wanted a Formula car that gave me a little extra protection. At least as much as a FF can give you anyway.

While the VF/CF cars race in the same group, there are 2 different classes to satisfy he bench racing in the evenings.

Scott
    Scott Nettleship
    1981 Crossle 45F

Thread Information