Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 0

If you have it set up to save the replay you can go to Control- Replay Fridge in rfactor.

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Marklein View Post
    What lap did someone hit you?
    I watched your entire race last night, Matt, from the track cameras, as well as the in-car/roll hoop camera. I saw the contact you had with Colin in T10, and it was most definitely not intentional blocking or leaning on. In fact, he was the car clearly in front, and it's the responsibility of the car overtaking to make a clean pass (which was in heavy lapped traffic). It was an optimistic place to attempt a pass, at best.

That's just what I saw.

Maybe that's how they do it in the pro F2000 series, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Santucci 33 View Post
    do you guys watch the replay from? i didn't know we could do that.
    There is a Replay Fridge in the section with the offline testing that stores your fast laps, and whole sessions (if you have it turned on). I have always recorded all of the races in case something like this comes up, and it has come in handy on more than a few occasions. It also allows me to watch my race and fast laps and see what I did right and wrong.

Some people will lurk on the hotlaps server when fast guys are on, just to record their fast laps to see where they are making time. Not exactly how I want to get faster, but when every little bit counts...

Matt's third of 3 separate chicanes cut was when I was chasing him down towards the end of the race, trying to make clean laps and progress through the field. I was pulling in a good chunk every lap, and then all of a sudden, he were 5 seconds further ahead of me again—and I hadn't made a mistake. After watching the replay, that 3rd move was most definitely not in the spirit of the league—nor were the first two.

Personally, I'm in favor of points or position penalties or even a DNF. That's just completely uncalled for in this league, whether there is something on the line or not. Lots of us put a lot of time into this in the name of fun and enjoyment, and we don't want to see that ruined by poor sportsmanship.

I hope we don't see anything like this again this season.

Liked: 447

Jerry,
    I think replays may be turned on by default so your system should record them. If it's not turned on, then you'll have to do so. The races are recorded and you can watch them from the "Replay Fridge" from the main menu of rFactor.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Anyone able to tell me why my snapshot or print screen won't work? I have tried ALT Print Screen/ and f12... when I try f12 it doesn't show up in the rfactor/userdata/screenshots? I hear the "camera" noise but can't find where it is puttin the file.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Inge View Post
    We all log on at 9 ET to hopefully get the chance to race with someone. Yeah its a lot of fun to drive around for 33 laps only to pass a lap car or two, but come on. I agree if someone is doing it only to get a hotlap or pass someone.

Let the debating begin.

Lots of love

Even though I haven't watched the replay yet to see how deliberate it was. Next time anyone feels this way, drop back and race with the person behind you. If you want to race with someone then give up the gap you have on the next guy. Please don't resort to track cutting to catch up.

I would've raced you, Matthew.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    Next time anyone feels this way, drop back and race with the person behind you. If you want to race with someone then give up the gap you have on the next guy. Please don't resort to track cutting to catch up.

I agree.

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default thanks guys - i found it.

really NEAT!
    i knew i went off into the wheat field last night, i did - on lap 5 and lost a position for doing it. i kept it floored, hoping i would come out the other side without getting stuck in the quicksand. went from 8th to 9th. if there is a penalty in that - i accept.. i also tried to keep out of the fast guys way, hope i did.
    i will watch latter to see what else i can learn, or anything i can do to improve.
    my 2 stop strategy didn't work, but i really don't like how skatey the car is with a one or no stop fuel loads. my hats off to those of you that not only run full tanks, but still are faster than me with light tanks.
    it was fun though.
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    I watched your entire race last night, Matt, from the track cameras, as well as the in-car/roll hoop camera. I saw the contact you had with Colin in T10, and it was most definitely not intentional blocking or leaning on. In fact, he was the car clearly in front, and it's the responsibility of the car overtaking to make a clean pass (which was in heavy lapped traffic). It was an optimistic place to attempt a pass, at best.

That's just what I saw.

Maybe that's how they do it in the pro F2000 series, though.

Personally, I'm in favor of points or position penalties or even a DNF. That's just completely uncalled for in this league, whether there is something on the line or not. Lots of us put a lot of time into this in the name of fun and enjoyment, and we don't want to see that ruined by poor sportsmanship.

I hope we don't see anything like this again this season.

Exactly what I saw also. I am unable to get screen shots out but T9 Matt hit me from behind as I was following Chris. Chris was unable to move over as there were cars in front of him and behind him and he was in two very tight corners. Then after hitting me in T9 Matt nailed me hard from the rear and side in T10 causing my car to become air born and spun himself out. Honestly if anyone is guilty of "leaning" on someone it would have to be you Matt. Check out the replay it's pretty obvious.

Ok, so even though I haven't seen it yet but it was apparent to others and himself that Matthew cut corners (admitting to it) on purpose. There wasn't a gain in position of any kind and there also wasn't a small enough time gap that I would've been able to catch him to contend for third if he hadn't cut. Aside from all that, I hadn't stated what the penalty would be for blatant misconduct before the races took place so it's hard to say x number of points or so many positions of a penalty would be fair.

Let this be a WARNING to everyone that if deemed guilty of track cutting or intentional contact will result in a 100 point deduction from your total points after the two lowest point scoring events are subtracted.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 128

Sounds fair enough!

I made a screenshot album of a few captures I took from the race, since I can't actually shoot this sort of race. http://www.flickr.com/photos/3139058...7623423087754/
    Jacques N. Dresang
    Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration
    1977 All American Racers Eagle DGF #005
    1972 Elden Mk10B AM73-49 - #140/1

Quote Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
    Sounds fair enough!

I made a screenshot album of a few captures I took from the race, since I can't actually shoot this sort of race. http://www.flickr.com/photos/3139058...7623423087754/

Sweet job! You da man!

Quote Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
    Sounds fair enough!

I like the one of me after I hit Chris B on the front straight, I came so close to missing him. I didn't even realize the car was on its side. I seem to have trouble making quick turns with my wheel. That and I was a little to focused on the car in front.

Cool shots... I wonder why you aren't seeing the helmets in the ApexSpeed cars? Hmmm...

I noticed that too... my helmet is black and that shot shows white... weird.. at least your screen shot is working!

Liked: 33

Quote Originally Posted by csatte02 View Post
    I like the one of me after I hit Chris B on the front straight, I came so close to missing him. I didn't even realize the car was on its side. I seem to have trouble making quick turns with my wheel. That and I was a little to focused on the car in front.

So that is who hit me! Wasn't sure who did it. After I over corrected and went into the wall I stayed put and was waiting for all cars to pass since I was on the left and somewhat out of the line. But then I got hit, oh well. Wasn't my best race either, I was trying to turn the car into a combine too many times I think.

Colin thanks what you thought of the one situation. I was trying to stay out of the way and just couldn't do much about it. Happened in karting on monday also, lol.

I don't record the replays as I think it was causing my system problems. I know I cut the "chicane" maybe once or twice but it was cause couldn't stop and I always try to slow down afterward then rejoin.

I think he needs to add the helmet files to the right locations or something. I see Jacques you have my updated skin in your file, I didn't get a chance to upload it. hmmm.

And Keith don't look at other peoples practice runs on a recorded file....cause I don't think we all can do that....or we might have to vote you off the Island lol.
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Quote Originally Posted by TrackBrat View Post
    And Keith don't look at other peoples practice runs on a recorded file....cause I don't think we all can do that....or we might have to vote you off the Island lol.
    Anyone on the server with other people can record practice laps and view them if they want to. There is even an rFactor mod that many of us were using last year that will overlay your best lap with my best lap to show the differences in cornering and speeds.

rFVCRmerge

Quote Originally Posted by TrackBrat View Post
    So that is who hit me! Wasn't sure who did it. After I over corrected and went into the wall I stayed put and was waiting for all cars to pass since I was on the left and somewhat out of the line. But then I got hit, oh well. Wasn't my best race either, I was trying to turn the car into a combine too many times I think.

Colin thanks what you thought of the one situation. I was trying to stay out of the way and just couldn't do much about it. Happened in karting on monday also, lol.

I don't record the replays as I think it was causing my system problems. I know I cut the "chicane" maybe once or twice but it was cause couldn't stop and I always try to slow down afterward then rejoin.

I think he needs to add the helmet files to the right locations or something. I see Jacques you have my updated skin in your file, I didn't get a chance to upload it. hmmm.

Here is a video of the crash , I think I went the wrong way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37647933@N03/4353796456/

Default don't know..

it looks to me that was the only way to go.. IMHO... it was one of those racing deals to me..

how do you save screenshots and videos????
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Santucci 33 View Post
    it looks to me that was the only way to go.. IMHO... it was one of those racing deals to me..

how do you save screenshots and videos????

It is, it was a fun race.
    To save video you need to have the replays set first, then use a recording software, I used fraps, then you play the replay on your computer and fraps records it into AVI format when you hit f9. The files sizes are big, so I then used Microsoft movie maker to compress the video.
    http://www.fraps.com/

Screenshots I don't know anything about.

Well since not many people found humor in my post, maybe some can realize we arent racing for anything other than fun. A lot are saying, but not acting. Saying that it was uncalled for or poor sportsmanship is a little ridiculous but I understand frustration; as I had plenty on Wednesday.

Doug, next time you see someone cut or do something, call them out(even if it is me). I or others dont want to be guessing if were in trouble with the Chief Stewards. Ive been there also.

If you DQ me, I understand. Its not that big of a deal as apparently it is for others. I had no idea that many people would get pissed about it.

Hopefully Ill race the next one.
    Also, dont take any of this personally.
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Nothing personal, for sure, Matt.

But I take any racing I do seriously—even if nothing is at stake. It's not any different for me whether it's RC cars, karts, real race cars or SIM racing. There has never been anything at stake for anything I have ever raced, but my time is valuable to me. If I am spending time doing something I enjoy, I don't want to feel like I wasted it because other people want to screw around.

If we're just screwing around on the server, then there is no need to organize anything, keep track of points, schedule formal races or waste any of our valuable time setting any of this up.

Liked: 33

Can't we race for bragging rights? And HONOR lol. As for the crash, I thought I was completely against the pit wall or i would have thrown the car into reverse. Sorry that you clipped me, but at least I sent you for a good ride.
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Liked: 128

Jerry,

To save screenshots, I do the vintage (Ctl + PrtSc) and then open up a new document in Photoshop and then do a File:Paste.

Not sure why I'm not getting the helmets, I have the 2nd skinpack in-place.

Do I have to move helmet files to a different location?

Cheers,

Jacques
    Last edited by Gokart Mozart; 02.15.10 at 4:43 PM.
    Jacques N. Dresang
    Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration
    1977 All American Racers Eagle DGF #005
    1972 Elden Mk10B AM73-49 - #140/1

Default thanks..

for answering my questions.. been busy here and i meant to post - but forgot

so thanks
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

I spent several hours making a nice video for everyone... loaded up to Youtube, and found out Warner Brothers and Youtube are in a big tift so they blocked my audio... Youtube USF1 and Warner Brothers are not on my good list right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information