Thread: Spy photos

Liked: 0

Default Spy photos

I was at AeroCraft Fiberglass and while nobody was looking took a couple of pictures of a top secret project Rick is working on, couldn't get much information, but I could see that it's Mazda powered.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default geesshhhhhhhh...

i can smell that stuff from here!

Liked: 717
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post

Hmmm.... so NASA has finally decided to give open-wheel a serious shot?

I wonder why they didn't just open up their events to an existing class of cars like FV, FF, or FC?
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Liked: 210

Just what the sport of road racing needs right now.

ANOTHER open wheel series at the amatuer level built around an all new design car.... NOT!!!
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Default World Speed Inc Project

Well those are some pretty old pics, but I'll take some credit for the project.

World Speed Inc is building a new car for our Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear racing series. The series will feature 4 regions in 2010, and will be featured at the NASA National Championships: http://www.formulacarchallenge.com/d...ement11.24.pdf

I will post complete photos of the new car in a few weeks when we have prototype one on track. I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys have about the car or its related series in the meantime.

Check out the official FormulaSPEED2.0 website and see what the car is all about. http://www.FormulaSPEED.us

Quote Originally Posted by WorldSpeed View Post
    Well those are some pretty old pics, but I'll take some credit for the project.

World Speed Inc is building a new car for our Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear racing series. The series will feature 4 regions in 2010, and will be featured at the NASA National Championships: http://www.formulacarchallenge.com/d...ement11.24.pdf

I will post complete photos of the new car in a few weeks when we have prototype one on track. I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys have about the car or its related series in the meantime.

Check out the official FormulaSPEED2.0 website and see what the car is all about. http://www.FormulaSPEED.us
    Well, if the day before yesterday is old, then I guess they're old.

I assumed that they were some older photos as this is where we were at a month ago. Rick must have filled in the side pods again in prep for making the molds.

Don't spend too much time distracting him - he's got a lot of work to do!

Liked: 6

UH OH!

Liked: 717

Separated at birth?

Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Mauney View Post
    Hmmm.... so NASA has finally decided to give open-wheel a serious shot?

I wonder why they didn't just open up their events to an existing class of cars like FV, FF, or FC?

Marshall,

Our series sometimes does actually have FC cars in it, as the Pacific F2000 Series has partnered with us in the past and has shared NASA events with us. If you check their 2010 schedule you can see that they will partnering with us again this season.

NASA has had open wheel classes in the past including the USF3 series, Fran-AM/FormulaTR, F2000, and a few other classes depending on region.

If the interest, management, and numbers are there I'm sure your local NASA region would love to host some open wheel events!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    Separated at birth?

Nice Mike, is that the all hand formed F1000? That looked like a lot of work!

Liked: 7

If you think that took a long time you should have been around the shop this winter to see me making the new/or improved body.

Thanks Mike.

Jerry

How much is a new car going to cost? What will operational costs be like? How much to rent?

Liked: 12

Quote Originally Posted by jcolegrove View Post
    How much is a new car going to cost? What will operational costs be like? How much to rent?
    From the FAQ on the web site:

"What will it cost to buy?
    Final price is not available yet, but expect it to come in less than the cost of a base model Escalade."

How much does an Escalade cost, anyways? I guess I'm not in their target demographic since I have no idea.

Nathan

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by nulrich View Post
    From the FAQ on the web site:

"What will it cost to buy?
    Final price is not available yet, but expect it to come in less than the cost of a base model Escalade."

How much does an Escalade cost, anyways? I guess I'm not in their target demographic since I have no idea.

Nathan
    2010 Escalade Pricing from Edmunds.com:
    Base RWD 6.2L V8 Auto 16 mpg $62,495
    Base AWD 6.2L V8 Auto 15 mpg $65,045
    Luxury RWD 6.2L V8 Auto 16 mpg $68,610
    Premium RWD 6.2L V8 Auto 16 mpg $71,000
    Luxury AWD 6.2L V8 Auto 15 mpg $71,160
    Premium AWD 6.2L V8 Auto 15 mpg $73,550
    Platinum Edition RWD 6.2L V8 Auto 16 mpg $81,625
    Platinum Edition AWD 6.2L V8 Auto 15 mpg $84,125

We don't have exact pricing yet, but the car is expected to sell for approx. 65k. That price is for a complete built car with data system.

The design was built around the fact that we want to keep running costs reasonable. While I have proof that many people can afford a Pro Formula Mazda (new complete 120k-130k) We also know that not everyone can afford the running costs associated with them. When we do the official roll-out we will include parts list and prices, and also costs for arrive and drive programs.

Please add yourself to the mailing list if you want to keep posted as info becomes available.
    Last edited by WorldSpeed; 02.10.10 at 6:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry freeman View Post
    If you think that took a long time you should have been around the shop this winter to see me making the new/or improved body.

Thanks Mike.

Jerry
    Jerry do you have new bodywork pics posted anywhere?

Liked: 7

I hope to have some pic by the weekend. As always, not everything is finished but most of it is ready enough for me.

Jerry

Default Got class?

my head hurts more everyday

Default my head hurts too.....

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    my head hurts more everyday
    Ralph,
    If you mean your head hurts because of this year being BY FAR the silliest of the silly seasons I am suffering from the same ailment (as I'm sure many of us are)

We have a new car, Dan has a new series, the series Dan used to race in has a couple of new eligible chassis, a Formula Ford can be powered by a Honda engine, the F1000 guys are putting on a big show, more manufacturers are jumping into F1000, the FE is hosting a Pro Series, South American governments are backing an American F1 team dedicated to American drivers but willing to sell seats to anyone from the Americas, and on and on and on.

If it wasn't for ApexSpeed it would be hard for me to sort all of this info! Thanks for all your hard work guys.

On a serious note we have been working on this project since 2007. We have been operating our own open wheel racing series since 2005. We are operating from a very detailed business plan that includes not only a car but a multi regional series with a national championship. We've set our goals and are working towards them, sorry if it is causing your head to hurt. How do you think my head felt when I got a call from a driver who wanted to run in the USF2000 series and was told by someone at IRL headquarters to contact US to purchase a new car?!?!?!
    (I steered him into the right direction, although I was tempted to sell him a new FormulaSPEED2.0)

Default now just dizzy...

Mark

Wishing you of course success in your endeavour!

I am just an old fart dreaming of a simpler world, you know like maybe three formula classes period LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nulrich View Post
    Nathan
    Ask your local drug dealer. He'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    Mark

Wishing you of course success in your endeavour!

I am just an old fart dreaming of a simpler world, you know like maybe three formula classes period LOL

me too!

I see you're based in the Bay Area. If you're out at Infineon anytime stop by and I'll show you around the shop.

Thread Information