Liked: 0

Andrew Prendeville took First; Doug Prendeville took Second. Brian Tomasi took Third. Way to go guys!!!!! Congratulations to the two brothers from New Jersey.

We just wanted to say a really big congratulations to Doug & Andrew for getting a great result in their first year of FC but also to Jerry S for persevering & getting fastest lap. A special congratulations to Kym Fontana - much improved over the year. I'm sorry not to have been there in person but if we are going to get Pole, Win & fastest lap every time I go on vacation, I might be able to negotiate an extra week off next year...

Thanks to Scott at Mount Cross for the service operation and all of the FC customers that chose to run on Avon Tyres throughout the season.

Paul Coates.
    Pete Morgan, Technical Engineer.
    Cooper-Avon Tyres Racing Division.
    Tel:- +44 (0)1225 35 7735
    Mob:- +44 (0)7919 018 804
    Fax:- +44 (0)1225 707 443
    Email:- pmorgan@coopertire.com
    www.avonracing.com"

Congrats to Andrew and Doug and all the guys at Hot Shoe Racing. Great job!!

[size="1"][ September 23, 2002, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Mike Andersen ][/size]

Mike,
    On behalf of Doug, Andrew, Glenn and Ed, thanks. Would have been great if you could have made it. It was a great race, and you in the mix would have made it outstanding. In the end, it underlined why we all believe that road racing is the greatest x sport there is . See you next year

Dennis M.

Contributing Member ennis bragg's Avatar

A fine performance from two outstanding drivers and a terrific team! Congratulations Hot Shoe!

Liked: 3795

I don't think there were any team orders!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wow!!! Great job!

Liked: 5

Originally posted by ennis bragg:
    A fine performance from two outstanding drivers and a terrific team! Congratulations Hot Shoe!
    Ennis said it well. I saw these guys at the Summit National and they impressed me greatly. Way to go guys. Also great job by Tim Minor with a 4th.

If there had been team orders we may have both been fired afterwards since we hit each other in turn 8. I have to say thank you to all of the guys we ran against this year. Coming into this season we werent sure how you would take to us new guys but aside from a few minor altercations, everyone we have met has been real good to us all year. Scott Young especially and everyone from Avon Tyres. We have both had a blast all year long and had some fantastic racing as well. Ed Rich and Glen Cordova have done a bangup jump on our cars all year. I didnt have a major problem with my car all year. We certainly would not have been able to what we did without them. Dennis Macchio and all of the guys from Roos Racing School taught us what we needed for this to happen. And I really wish Mike Anderson had showed up for the runoffs. It would have made our race that much beeter if he had. Thanks.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 865

Great going to both Andrew and Doug- Great representation of the Northeast Division.

I'm not sure I enjoyed watching both of you disappear in front of me at alomst every race, but it certainly puts the level of the NE Div competition in perspective!

Again, congrats to the whole Hotshoe team
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Congrats to Andrew, Doug, Glen, & Ed. You guys didn't miss a beat! You did a great job all year and it paid off with your one/two finish at the runoffs. Are you coming back next year so we can try to knock you off your pedestal?
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Liked: 4

I think Andrew and Doug did an outstanding job. IF they weren't so young and talented I might like them more. HA HA. We parked next to the them at MO and had a great time. Hey Douglas where did all the oil come from? I was there with the #15 blue and silver car that still has most of the oil on it.

Scotty

The aluminum reducer that goes between the engine block and the oil pressure sender cracked. A great two weeks killed by a $2 part.
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Liked: 3795

Doug,

Your Runoff leak was so heartbreaking I intentionally didn't even mention it in my earlier writeup. What a bummer. Let's hope you come back and show them all how that great looking car was supposed to go.

Thanks for the kind words. We'll be back and looking to avenge this loss! Actually, as heartbreaking as it was I really had everything go my way right up to that. That track is a killer to go to as a rookie. To qualify where we did and be running as well as we were before the "problem" is certainly enough to carry me through the winter with a smile on my face.

I'm glad to hear you liked the styling of the car. Some parts of it have received mixed reviews in the past. I love it.
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Elite engines sweep top seven positions in FC. Pretty impressive.

Liked: 3327

Maybe so, but I think there would have been a Quicksilver engine up there in the top three if I had not gotten ambushed by another driver's bonehead move on lap four.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 1417

Tim Minor runs an Elite? Hmmm...

Just remember, most people use Windows, too, but that doesn't make it the best.

Elite engines in S2000 class finished 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th, and 1DNF. Hard to argue with sucess.

Thread Information