Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 111

Default FV near Franklin WI???

Hi Folks!

I am trying to get a friend into racing. He is on a tight budget but has raced shifter karts in the past in Dousman, WI. He doesnt think he will fit in a vee.... I dont think it would be an issue but...

Anyone willing to meet him and let him try their vee on for size?

Corky!~

Liked: 1417

How big is he? There are some ROOMY Vees out there.

He's always welcome to come and try mine on for size, anytime he likes. About a 2 hour drive if nothing else is around. This is a BIG area for Vees, there is probably something out there closer to you guys.

Womers, Vectors, Citations are roomier cars. There are a couple of really nice Womer EV3s for sale out there, too.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Maybe give Jim at Veetech a call, I think he has a customer Citation in his shop near Racine (he just moved from Oak Creek). Citations are pretty roomy, there are plenty of Vees that would be a much tighter fit. I also have a Citation in Cedarburg he could try.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Default Thx guys!

He is 6'2" and 180. I assumed that would be no problem...its not that big...

Contributing Member

The biggest concern he'll probably have is rollbar height. My car has a really high rollbar. It's at least 6-7 inches over the top of my helmet when I'm strapped in.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Quote Originally Posted by cjahn View Post
    No, shouldn't really be much of an issue. Just stay away from Lazers.

My Citation was slightly modified at some point to fit someone 6'+ and 245 lbs. You'd be surprised how big of a person you can strap into a FV.

Liked: 50

Quote Originally Posted by cjahn View Post
    It sounds like his girth will be no problem at all (even in a Lazer), but his height will have to be checked with him in the car and a helmet on. Most stock roll hoops will be very close at 6' 2". Some pedal and seat mods might be required at a minimum.

Jim
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 88

1. As others have posted, I do not believe the 180 pounds will be a problem in almost any vee. Some may be a better fit, but you should be able to get 180 pounds in most vees.

2. The 6'-2" height could be an issue in some cars. I recommend you bring your helmet and driving gear and carefully measure your clearance, with the belts tight.

3. There are several very good deals out there in all classes, it pays to look and do your homework. I have watched several people over the years buy a "budget" car because of the attractive, low price. The often pass over cars, that while initially more expensive, have far more and better equipment then the budget car they ultimately buy. Soon they are unhappy with the performance and/or find a number of unexpected surprises. Wasted weekends and unfinished races are not fun and are not cheap. Fast forward 12 to 24 months, the cheap (budget) car has sucked up a lot of extra money. The total investment in the car now equals or exceeds the car they passed on earlier, and it still isn't as nice. Buy the best car you can.

Larry Campbell

Liked: 0

For what its worth, he should stay away from Adams Aeros - I'm 5'8" and then I keep my weight below 180 I'm ok, but once I cross 180-185 it's damn tight in there. As for height, even at my 5'8" it's getting crowded.
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Default Bummer

His wife veto'ed the plan...("With an evil look in her eye!")
    So, he might be racing karts again (Shifter karts @ Badger)
    Corky~

That's kinda funny... I think shifter karts are WAY scarier than FVs.

Liked: 956

Default Lesser evil

I convinced my wife that racing a CF was safer than buying a sportbike and riding on the street.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Default Ditto!

I agree with both of you!
    And he has a sport bike!

Liked: 96

Default too many?

sport bike, shifter kart. Too many toys? (wifes thought)

Contributing Member

Never too many toys! (says the guy with two Harleys, a Buell, a Ducati, a FV, and a 71 big-block Nova). Anybody want to buy a motorcycle or an old Chevy??
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    Never too many toys! (says the guy with two Harleys, a Buell, a Ducati, a FV, and a 71 big-block Nova). Anybody want to buy a motorcycle or an old Chevy??
    In a few days, that Buell will become a no-longer-in-production collector's item.

Jon Jeffords
    (no-longer-employed-motorcycle-engineer)

Thread Information