Liked: 0

Default WTB FF car and Spares

Looking to buy FF car with spares and possibly car specific tools etc.. . This will be my first car so a whole package deal would be best but not required (someone getting out of racing?). I prefer 98 +up VD but will not rule out anything. Also hoping to get a car that is fairly sorted so my first experiences are not filled with me pulling my hair out over problem after problem. Any post run off cars? PM me with details, $, and pics and we can go from there. Thank you. Jason
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Liked: 2

Default FF

I have a Club ford package for sale. See the link below.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35951

FF is a very competitive class and Club Ford is much the same anly somewhat less expensive to run up front. I would recommend, after 40+ years in racing, either class as an excellent starter class for newcomers.

I have a lot of tools and can probably add some to the mix.

Let me know if you're interested. Private Message, email or phone.

Thanks,
    mike Allison
    miallison@msn.com
    704-528-1438

Liked: 4

Default Look at Ric Baribault's VD FF in NJ

Looks like you've decided to got the FF route... Look at Ric Baribault's 94 VD FF. Reasonably modern car. I beleive the car may still be in NJ.
    Last edited by racer27; 09.18.09 at 1:49 PM.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 111

Default Not mine

Here is a listing i bumped into, not mine but figured I would let you know..

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1375523535.html

Bob

Liked: 13

TJCezar; A truely competitive Reynard for competition within FRCCA & EMRA is at Formula Haus at Summit Point call AJ 304-725-4644. Reasonable price & CLEAN
    yours for the Sport, AJ

I am considering both FF and FC's but am leaning towards the "right FF". Thanks but no CF's. I would like to stay a little more modern. I think I read Ric sold the engine out of that car and I really don't want to buy that way? I did e-mail him but never got a chance to call him since I am super busy with work. Didn't know car was in NJ either. Thought it was in texas or something. I may have to check on that to clarify.
    Quote Originally Posted by racer27 View Post
    Looks like you've decided to got the FF route... Look at Ric Baribault's 94 VD FF. Reasonably modern car. I beleive the car may still be in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by tjcezar View Post
    I am considering both FF and FC's but am leaning towards the "right FF". Thanks but no CF's. I would like to stay a little more modern. I think I read Ric sold the engine out of that car and I really don't want to buy that way? I did e-mail him but never got a chance to call him since I am super busy with work. Didn't know car was in NJ either. Thought it was in texas or something. I may have to check on that to clarify.

With Ric, you never know where he's at. NJ, Texas, PA... Regardless, it's still a car worth considering.

You are a tall guy, you shpuld sit in anything you are considering.

Liked: 212

i guess i should chime in as i take care of ric's car.

it is infact here in NJ. the motor is sold. if you are interested in the car we could help source an engine for you and install if your not ready to make purchase as a rollor. this is a very good car & priced very reasonably. if this is your first car you do not need a current generation car. this will be more then enough to get you started and is truely competitive in nationals. this car came in 17th or 18th out of 90+ cars in the national race at the 40th.. and ric is fat old geezer like me who never saw the track before that weekend..

thanks for your interest in this car

len
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Liked: 1

If you are tall you should consider my Reynard FF advertised here on Apex. I have everything you need to get started and the car is sorted and has its 2009 inspection. Lift, stands, nitrogen tank, spares, trailer, etc.

No it will not beat a Swift but is a very easy car to drive fast will be fun in Regional races and will be safe for a tall driver. Should be an excellent car for FRCCA as well.

Tod

not too tall about 5"10" 175lbs

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default No CF?

I don't know what your rationale is for excluding CF, but you may want to reconsider. First, most CF cars are easier to set up than pushrod cars. Second, they are less sensitive to set-up than pushrod cars. Third, they are often easier to drive, especially when the set-up isn't perfect. Fourth, many CF cars use inexpensive, off-the-shelf components. My Titan uses a $100 front upright. My Reynard used a $550 upright.

You said you were new to racing. If you want to learn to drive, CF is an excellent place to begin. If you're more interested in tinkering with set-up and the mechanics/physics aspect, then go with a pushrod car.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 39

I agree with Larry, suggesting you reconsider CF, if for no other reason then the spec tire rule.

Liked: 13

tjcezar; Reconsider the Reynard, even though it is completely inboard suspension it is completely set-up to legally race C/F in both EMRA & FRCCA. New spec tires, RICS, Protection Against Decapatation (PADCAP) It is race ready and Larry has all the spares you may never need. 304-725-4644
    yours for the Sport, AJ

Liked: 115

Default And - I have a great solution

My Zink Z10 is a fabulous car. Carefully developed, excellent condition, gorgeous to look at, safe, fun, easy to drive and learn in. You are wanting to learn driving and racecraft. CF is a great place to do that. CF cars hold their value as well.

The ad and photos are in the FF Classifieds.

JG

PS: My friend Mike Allison's Zink is nice as well.

A lot of nice cars but no purchase yet. Considering a few though. Any others?

here -
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36386[/FONT]

fantastic car. reliable. well setup.
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Look at Doug Carter's Swift

It is listed in the classifieds and has all the right stuff and ran in Nationals when he bought it. It is a unbelievable buy right now, has spares and a recent request for an engine had a ton of replies so getting an engine in it wouldn't be an issue. Having just bought a Swift I can't say enough about how well engineered it is. Good luck in your search.

Joe

I did see Dougs car and it looks like a great deal for a nice car but I really want to learn about setting up a car a working with a suspension closer to where I want to end up (FC FE FB) pushrod. I think this decision will be most beneficial in the long run.

Liked: 7

Default Classified

See on OFFC classified: http://www.offcseries.com/Classified.html
    • Lola440 (1978)
    • Ray92,
    • VD92,
    • VD97,
    • VD98
    J-Guy

I have a '97 VD FF with spares for sale, visit

www.differentdrummerracing.com/as

for detais and pictures

Greg

Default Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by mike g. View Post
    here -
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36386[/FONT]

fantastic car. reliable. well setup.

I have to second his thoughts. If you want to get going in FF this is a great way to go. Probably the most reliable and competitive FF you will find.

Tony
    Tony
    Van Diemen RF01 1600

Definatel;y like the 98 but 25k is out of my range for my first car. Under 20k is more like it.

Liked: 42

Definatel;y like the 98 but 25k is out of my range for my first car. Under 20k is more like it.
    That I believe is with the full spares package, which is REALLY extensive (like all four corners worth and uprights). I'm sure it would be a bit lower without it.

The other plus is that I know that car is ready to go on the track tomorrow with only a tire pressure adjustment and fuel. While no car you ever purchase is truly track ready in the new owners mind, they don't get any closer than that one.

Contributing Member

Default Lola T540 worth taking a look at......

If you would consider a CF, this is perhaps one of the fastest Lola CF's in the country......

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34472

Finished 6th overall at the 40th Reunion CF race and was the top finishing Lola.

Still searching.

Contributing Member

Default Beautiful 82 Reynard 1600

I've seen the car, and it looks like NEW! It has enough "tunability" that you'll learn race cars, yet it isn't particularly finicky or difficult to drive, and it's available for about $9K. The owner is honest, and will provide accurate info. Call 304-725-4644. Tell him I suggested you call.

This is the time to move on buying a car, as you have the winter to go over it. Don't wait until spring, or you'll miss most of the season.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

I've just sent you an email on my '93 Citation FC, that I'd consider selling locally.

Still searching.

So you've been recommended a fair amount of cars - why not on each one?

Specifically, why not on Roemer's Lola T540?
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Default value requirements

This is just my opinion, but going by your requirements you listed in your original post I don't think you are going to have much luck finding a Runoffs 98 or newer VD FF with spares package that is fully sorted out already for under 20K. A Runoffs car is going to have $10,000-$14,000 in the engine alone. Last I checked a new roller will cost you around $35K+ then add the engine, spares, etc.... to that. I doubt you will find a car even remotely competitive at the Runoffs for under $30K besides Allen's Van Diemen which is a steal at 25K. If you are set on running FF and not CF regionally or Nationally you are not going to find a better value than Allen's Van Diemen especially when it comes to a car you can run competitively and trouble free.
    Tony
    Van Diemen RF01 1600

Quote Originally Posted by mike g. View Post
    So you've been recommended a fair amount of cars - why not on each one?

Specifically, why not on Roemer's Lola T540?

As I shop for cars I learn more and more of what I want and what I do not want. I know I do not want to get get into anything too old and do want something with a pushrod suspension that is more like a current car. Although setup may be finicky, I may find enjoyment in that part of the experience. I actually saw a car that I was thinking about purchasing but it was sold the day I was to look at it (figures?) . I dont mind a project car but not a basket case. I am am also learning market values on cars through sellers prices since I do not have experience to rely on for baseline pricing. People are all over the place with what they want for cars and I can't just rely on the fact the owner says its a great deal. Thats what is great about this site. It is a place to get that info.

Quote Originally Posted by openwheel View Post
    This is just my opinion, but going by your requirements you listed in your original post I don't think you are going to have much luck finding a Runoffs 98 or newer VD FF with spares package that is fully sorted out already for under 20K. A Runoffs car is going to have $10,000-$14,000 in the engine alone. Last I checked a new roller will cost you around $35K+ then add the engine, spares, etc.... to that. I doubt you will find a car even remotely competitive at the Runoffs for under $30K besides Allen's Van Diemen which is a steal at 25K. If you are set on running FF and not CF regionally or Nationally you are not going to find a better value than Allen's Van Diemen especially when it comes to a car you can run competitively and trouble free.
    Makes sense. That is definately a nice package too.

Default club ford for sale

i have a dulon mp-15/17 for sale , it is a rolling car right now, but i have everything to reassemble engine including a ivey cylinder head ,i have ton of spares gears, suspension pieces , two complete stock engines ,two extra blocks, a single axle trailer comes with it,quik jack jump battery jack stands, extra set of rims geting out of racin $5250.00 kwracer1367@yahoo.com

Thread Information