7. Ennis Bragg
    8. Dennis Macchio
    9. Marc Stern
    10. Andrew Prendeville
    11. Richard Matthews
    12. Daniel Dobson

FC - Race Results

1. D. Prendeville 1:36.5
    2. Bragg 1:35.7 (fastest race lap [img]smile.gif[/img] )
    3. Gelles 1:36.7
    4. Aiken 1:35.9
    5. Belay 1:36.8
    6. Kowalik 1:37.1 (polesitter)
    7. Macchio 1:38.0
    8. Meeks 1:37.6
    9. Stern 1:37.9
    10. Dobson 1:41.1
    11. Matthews 1:40.1
    12. A. Prendeville 1:41.6 (DNF)

4 Zetec cars ran in FA, they finished 2nd - 5th
    Edward Aube 1:33.7
    Matt Green 1:33.9
    Mark Wilkins 1:34.7
    David Clarke 1:35.8

Liked: 3787

I understand the start was a pretty interesting lesson in the theory that the starter is only looking at the two front rows.

No black flag, no protests, so it must be the right way to start.

Liked: 0

Ennis, did they finally get all that fancy computer/transponder equipment to agree with the actual finishing order? Are these results official? If so, congratulations again.

Awesome drive Ennis. You had us all covered.
    Marshall Aiken
    www.aikenracing.com

Qualifying times:

Kowalik 1:36.731
    Gelles 1:37.136
    Aiken 1:37.822
    Belay 1:37.852
    D. Prendeville 1:38.209
    Meeks 1:39.087
    Bragg 1:39.133
    Macchio 1:39.276
    Stern 1:39.865
    Matthews 1:41.187
    A. Prendeville 1:41.933
    Dobson 1:45.160

The Zetecs were all disqualified in qualifying because they were all over on sound.
    Marshall Aiken
    www.aikenracing.com

Contributing Member ennis bragg's Avatar

Daniel...After yet another grossly erroneous provisional sheet emerged, a few of us approached the timing and scoring officials and one of the stewards. Unbelievably, the correct finishing order was determined within the next 5 minutes. Of course, Marshall got the short end of the stick in what turned out to be a finish too close to call. He, Bob, and I were fighting a serious battle out there until a Radical started spoiling the FC fun. Finally, the CSR misfit backed off but not before it was too late to catch Doug.
    Frog, I don't remember everything about the start. I usually experience a swiss cheese effect during races. After we took the green, I remember seeing Jim and Marshall. I must have passed Kip on the start, which would make sense seeing I had the inside line and he was on the outside, one row ahead. But after the green, I never saw Doug again until I passed Bob late in the race. I don't know how Doug got to the front, but he did and he stayed there. I wouldn't file a protest on heresay. I should have seen anything he did at the start (I started right behind him), but my memory just doesn't recall it. So all I can say to Doug is congratulations! See you in Savannah.
    Marshall and Daniel, thank you both! For the gears, the dogrings, the brakepads and the compliments. Yesterday, everything clicked for us. To say we had fun would be a major understatement.

Liked: 202

As one who has benefitted from a well-anticipated green in the past, I hesitate to say anyone actually jumped the start. What I did observe however, is that the eventual first place finisher went from seventh overall to third overall in the 200 yards between the display of the green and Turn One. Brake stacking DOES occur and maybe he used that to his benefit and guessed well on the flag. Bottom line is that no one had anything for him once he got to the front (but then that's sorta like NASCAR saying Kenseth would have won anyway so why bother to red flag the race like they did just a week earlier).

It WAS some pretty intense yet clean racing...

[size="1"][ February 25, 2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: GT1Vette ][/size]
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Liked: 3787

Doug just read the start better than anybody else. Great job. I think a lot of people went to school at Kershaw. It should be real fun at Savannah, where most have more experience.

Ennis, picking up 4 seconds in one day has to be real pleasing.

Contributing Member ennis bragg's Avatar

Well, the qualifying session went terribly. I knew we had the car working well. The 3.4 second gain is rather misleading. But, I am happy about turning 8/10s faster than the last time I was at Kershaw.

Liked: 201

Ennis,
    It was great to see you out there again and even better to see you have such a strong run! You were really shoving it in there which was great! Good luck at Savannah, I might see you on that Friday (I hope). Last year I picked up 4 or more spots on the start at the CMP National so it can be done. I did not see the start myself but if he was on the inside then when the cars stack up it would have been easily doable. Just my 2 cents. See you all soon.

Whatever Doug did, it worked and he walked away w/ the win. I'm putting that move in the memory banks. There is definately more to this than knocking out a fast lap or two.

I had a blast and I can't wait till Savannah. As far as the finish goes, it was close. I hate to think that Gelles beat me at the last second, but he did hang it all out there and that is what it takes. Experience is everything in this game.
    Marshall Aiken
    www.aikenracing.com

Marshall, I was watching at 1 for the finish and at first thought Gelles move was abit odd coming by you and Ennis into 1 from 3rd spot but it seems it was a good move to pick up a position. Time to move the transponder eh! I took a drive to CMP today to watch the pro guys test, it looked as though Cape was there as was RMR and Quintanilla. I did not take any times just went cause I could,I live about 45 minutes away. I did not notice Brumbaugh there would'nt he be testing?

The late move by Gelles was risky, but he pulled it off. Maybe I should have held it a second longer. I didn't expect it. At least I learned something. The Cape's are there thru Wednesday I think, and Andy is still waiting on his motor. Thanks for your perspective on the finish, it was definately confusing.
    Marshall Aiken
    www.aikenracing.com

Liked: 202

Regarding moving the transponder, they can be used for timing but not scoring. Because different cars have them in different places, the finishing order is determined by humans that are (supposed to be) watching the finish line.

The start/finish line at Kershaw is in a funky location. While we were watching the big cars, most of them were hitting the brakes before the stand for Turn One. Could make for a VERY interesting finish should a 2800# GT-1 car try the same move sometime in the future.

Yes, I can learn things by watching you guys...
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

AIM was there over the weekend and on Monday but now they are getting ready for the first race. I was out at the track this weekend and Monday as well, just not driving yet. I am hoping to have my car together in the next week so I can do some testing before the first event. John Walko racing was at the test as well. Can't wait to get started!

Liked: 19

Andy
    Do you have all your pieces??
    ECU, Airbox etc??

Matt

Matt
    Everything is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I know my team is working on the car right now getting it ready so when the engine arrives there will be minimal work to do (hopefully).

Liked: 19

Andy - The installation goes smoothly... Make sure you have a fuel pressure sensor (I'm told its the same as the oil pressure sensor..) That was a last minute thing we found we didn't have yesterday....

Matt-
    Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to tell the team.

Thread Information