Liked: 0

What a track. I went to the Sebring Turkey trot and due to lack of interest or money, no one in CFC showed up and I went home with all the marbles. Some guy named Jeffery Jones showed up in what appeared to be a 2001 VD with the Zetec engine. He ran it as the first FS I have seen. Turned 208's in it on the full course. I must add though that a guy in a Radical did also. Montfort, me , started a very back in the field 46th in the first race and although was learning the track for the first time managed to get past 9 cars. I didnt run the second race on Sunday morning because the third race was the only one that counted for points and I didnt want to push my luck. All three races had a field of over 50 cars.
    During the SARRC race I managed to get from 46th to 30th when my first encounter with the gremlins took place. One of the pesky little devils jumped under the hood, which of course is in the back, and yanked off the number 3 plug wire. Luckily the caution came out and I was able to limp around until the finish back in 44th. Both races finished under caution due to wrecks. Didnt see who they were and didnt hear about the outcomes.
    Frog, the course is the most fun that I have been on. Get there the next time they do the full thing. Even your butt cheeks will be smiling.
    Marshall, they have some awards there from a previous race, call them.
    I know this is not much of a report, so next time send Froggy.

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: montfort ]

Montfort, I also was at Sebring for the Turkey Trot and have to agree that this is an awesome track to run. I am new to driving and look forward to the 2002 year in my SF88 Reynard. I chose FC after being an SCCA Course Worker for the past 6 years and observing (for the most part) either the greater respect for other cars/drivers or "better skills" FC drivers seemed to possess, or at least appear to possess, than many of the other SCCA class drivers (I won't mention the "Spec Wreckers" and IT Class "Bumper Cars", I have friends in each class by the way), although I did have a few moments with some "open wheelers".

I just purchased the car and this was the first weekend to test and run (Fri - Sun).

Perhaps we will meet at the track in 2002. Right now I have some "fine tuning" to accomplish over the next few months and probably won't be "on course" until late Feb or March.

Peace

GR
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

GR, pay close attention to the posts left by some of these guys as I think some of them are giving outstanding information. I am personally one of those with all the questions and not many answers. Just ask Frog. Most of these guys I will see about five times per race, and yes I do mean on the track. Hope you enjoy your 88 that is exactly what I have. See you on the track, hopefully only once.

Thread Information