Liked: 0

Ok guys, what happened and who did what? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tab - Where were you this weekend? Missed you at MidOhio....

Some new guy named Ele won both days with a 2000 Van Diemen that he just picked up from primus... Kip was running top 3's as well and Tom Johnson was up there too... I don't have the exact results with me... I basically stunk up the place, apparently because I was running too much rear wing The car was good for once, 10 weeks off just doesn't help with lap times...

Oh yeah, Tom Dyer was there too, running laps around even the Atlantics, but he was kind enough to pull off on the last lap each day.

Speaking of which, we had a red flag situation on Sunday on lap six... it took them at least 30 minutes to re-grid and re-start the race which then only lasted two more laps...

Will you be at Nelson this weekend? How about Lunken in August?

TDR
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Tim, I will be at Nelson this weekend I Hope. Not sure about airport race yet. Will wait and see what happens.

Sat top 5:

1) Ele Bardha
    2) Phil Hemes
    3) Tom Johnson
    4) Kip Meeks
    5) Rex Gunning

Sun top 5:

1) Ele Bardha
    2) Phil Hemes
    3) Kip Meeks
    4) David Pulliam
    5) Tom Johnson
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

What kind of times??

And congratulations to Ele! I believe his car is a 99 VD that he bought from Europe.

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: Matt Satchell ]

Contributing Member

Times weren't too bad for a regional. Tom Dyer was of course out of reach at 28s I believe, and top 3 on Saturday dipped just into the 1:31 range. I went the wrong way on Sunday, but I think everybody was slightly slower as well.

Congrats surely need to go out to Ele Bardha. He ran Sunday with only 3rd and 4th gear! His background is in shifter karts and he has had a lot of laps at M/O in them. Yes, he bought his car from some guy in Denmark. They must have a pretty good engine program over there because his mill was unbelievably strong.
    You know you're old when all your driving heros are collecting Social Security...

Thread Information