Liked: 42

Default USF1 Endorses F2000 as Feeder Series

http://www.f2000championshipseries.c...f1-endorsement

Congratulations guys!

On behalf of the USF1 Team we would like to congratulate everyone involved in F2000 in the United States. One of our goals is to take American drivers back into Formula One, and then to produce the next American F1 World Champion – and it is because of series like F2000 that we feel confident that we can do this. We love the concept of the F2000 car: it has a great 2-litre engine, wings, slicks and “real” suspension; and we love the road courses featured on the F2000 calendar. As such, F2000 gives young drivers a tangible opportunity to learn about track-craft, set-up and preparation without the higher costs and neutralizing affects of big-brand, hi-tech spec formulae. Joel Miller, Patrick Barrett and JR Hildebrand are just three of the stars of tomorrow that F2000 has helped to nurture; no doubt there will be many more.

The USF1 Team is therefore delighted to announce that it endorses the F2000 championship as one of its official “feeder” series. For too long the path to F1 for young American drivers has been clouded by a lack of respect for single-seater racing and for those talented drivers who lack the financial wherewithal to take the expensive route to the top. Jeremy Shaw’s Team USA has done – and will continue to do – a fantastic job of encouraging new talent; we look forward now to working with both Team USA and F2000 towards the new frontier.

Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor
    USF1 Team

Contributing Member
    Liked: 923

Default Speedtv.com post

Great job, Monty....check out the post:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...1-endorsement/
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 0

Just curious if this is only for publicity for USF1 or do they actually care about F2000?
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Matt,

I can assure you the Ken and Peter are taking their driver development program very seriously. We have been in talks with them about this since last October. While there has not been a lot of information coming out of the USF1 camp, there has been a tremendous amount of behind the scenes work accomplished. We will be announcing much more specific details about our affiliation with USF1 this fall. I think that once all the details are public you will see how serious their level of commitment is in developing drivers through our series.

Thanks,
    AL

Liked: 157

Al, Mike, Bob,

Congratulations! I cant imagine that US F1, in the middle of launching an entirely new Formula One team and designing a new car from the ground up, would take the time to make this announcement unless they were dead serious in their commitment to F2000. If they werent serious, why would they bother when they have so much work already on their hands getting ready for 2010?

Regardless of the motives behind this, it is a great recognition for your series.

Take care.

Tom

Liked: 210

That sounds GREAT and may develop in to something in the future. On the other hand, I'll bet a cup of coffee and a doughnut that an IRL driver (of USA birth) will be the 1st drivers in the car. Or, perhaps Marcos Ambrose?

That is one huge leap from F2000 straight to F1. NO question some of the F2000 guys hae the talent. But some step in between seems in order, to me. On the other hand if any body can do it, put Nikki Cuello in the car!!!
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 12

I'll take that bet .

No one is suggesting that a driver would step directly from F2000 to F1. The idea, as I understand it, is that F2000 is the best first step out of karting, which would be followed by a series like one of the Euro F3 or spec formula classes, A1GP, etc.

It has been shown over and over again that the traditional American progression through Skip Barber/Star Mazda/etc to Indy Lights to IndyCar (in whatever permutation) is poor preparation for F1. The competition is just not good enough, nor does racing on ovals have any relevance to the F1 circuits. Nowadays you have to pay your dues in the super competitive realm of European formula racing to have any chance of succeeding in F1.

F2000 is a great place for a driver to develop the skills necessary to be a competitive formula car driver, especially in contrast to the spec series.

Nathan

Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

Great news for the sport. Now if only jeremy Shaw could recognize anyone outside of California.
    Last edited by jim morgan; 09.02.09 at 6:13 PM. Reason: scolded by son

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nulrich View Post
    I'll take that bet .
    Nowadays you have to pay your dues in the super competitive realm of European formula racing to have any chance of succeeding in F1.

Nathan
    Nowadays is a lot like all the other days. Go to Europe young man, or woman for that matter...just ask Danica.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 295

with F2000 as "one othe the offical feeder series" what are the others?

as previously noted, you cant get "there" from "here" you must cross the pond

Liked: 1

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet an congrats! Now if i wasnt so old...
    Enjoy the Track,

Steven
    http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com
    Was 99/00 FC, now am Just Waiting. Racing is life...

Liked: 5

None of the drivers listed ever ran in the series. Would have been nice to give some credit to the 4 past champs of the current series.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 923

Ummm....Chris Miller was just chosen as one of the Team USA scholarship candidates (with Ben Searcy)-that's a start as USF1 is also involved with them.

Anders, unfortunately, is not American, Cole spent the summer saluting upper ranks but I hope will re-emerge on the scene shortly at R-A. Matt is, well, Matt. (actually, I think he spent some time in the European race scene, but I don't think F1 is looking at 40 year olds anymore)
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 91

For the Record:
    I do not endorse or adhere to views or opinions expressed by my father.

Carry on fellas.

Liked: 1038

Do you think that a US car will actually turn a wheel? I understand that less than a month ago they were just painting the shop (old Gibbs place); seems like a bunch to accomplish in a very short amount of time.

Is this similar to the Anderson/Krannefus Falcon IRL car project of years ago?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

Ken Anderson was on Wind Tunnel 2 weeks ago and said they are on schedule to have a car rolling by the end of October.

http://multimedia.foxsports.com/m/vi...am-players.htm

Watch around the 2-3 minute mark for the car time line and CFD images.

Liked: 146

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post

"Scolded by son" HAHAHAHA! Seriously jim? If he keeps that up make him run on take offs at RA!!!!!!
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 79

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post
    I understand that less than a month ago they were just painting the shop
    A month ago? I was there last week an they were still building walls!!!!!!! The design office was in full effect though and things are progressing very nicely!!!!
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Liked: 781

We want pics, man! Maybe not of the car, but of all the other cool stuff that goes into building an F1 team from scratch. The stuff that you can show, of course...
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Quote Originally Posted by HazelNut View Post
    "Scolded by son" HAHAHAHA! Seriously jim? If he keeps that up make him run on take offs at RA!!!!!!
    That is not punishment, but realitiy. carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson II View Post
    That is not punishment, but realitiy. carry on...
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! I forgot Cole was on the budget plan this time round. Even on junk tires he'll be on the podium.......
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

The problem with budgets is once you get to the track and inhale the exhaust, "it wasn't that much more, and we already spent that much to go"

Liked: 91

Hey dad, I'm gonna need a new visor for my new helmet. Just letting you know.

Liked: 79

Jim, I'm sure you can stretch to a set of goggles for the boy, You know...Like Nuvolari's!!!!
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Morgan View Post
    Hey dad, I'm gonna need a new visor for my new helmet. Just letting you know.
    consider these a gift from the fatboys

Liked: 159

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post
    The problem with budgets is once you get to the track and inhale the exhaust, "it wasn't that much more, and we already spent that much to go"
    As one father to another........we've both done that! I hope cole makes it.....but if not, it's still fun.........until there's no budget at all......then the crying starts!

Thread Information