Liked: 0

Default Formula First Evolution For Sale

First production car built by Larry Campbell. This car, previously owned by Doug Dale, has many wins and lap records and has been driven by Bill Bonow. It reflects a very high standard of craftsmanship and parts selection. Approximately four hours of run time since it was purchased from Doug Dale.

Complete Turn Key Car. Includes Advance shocks, Pace dry sump tank, stainless Roxanne exhaust and all the usual Evolution tweaks. Two sets of wheels with used Hoosier Slicks and one race-only set of Hoosier Rains. Standard instrumentation.

Current engine was built by Race Supply and has not been upgraded to 2009 specs. However, a new 2009 spec Autowerks engine with dyno info is available for this car. If interested the extra cost of the engine and installation can be discussed.

See Evolution Photo Gallery on www.sugargrovecars.com for more pictures and contact info.

$14,500
    Last edited by Sugar Grove Custom Cars, LLC.; 03.29.09 at 10:30 AM.

Liked: 190

The price has come down on this car. Here is the original add http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30822 but the car now has a different engine than when the current owner purchased it. You may wish to ask about getting a price for the car as a roller. It will need some minor TLC and updates.

I'd be glad to answer any questions about the car (I did the assembly) and help the new owner get it back on the race track.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

I need to make a correction to my post. The car does have the original engine (a very good one at that) and would suggest that it would be worthwhile to get the whole car. When you figure that a new Evolution is basically the same and that this car will cost WAY less, it is a good deal.
    Bill Bonow

Default This car is a bargin

As I understand, this car can be purchased as a roller or complete with a choice of engines. This is a great car that needs only to be purchased and driven. It is the same car as the current new model and a whole bunch less money. This car should be on the track, not in the garage. Give Sugar Grove a call and we'll see you at the track.

Bill Bonow

Default Deal of the century

Sugar Grove just reduced the price of this car to $10,900!!! It is a great car and is obviouly priced to move out quickly. Here is a link.

http://sugargrovecars.com/ForSale.html

If your thinking about Formula First, this is a great opportunity.
    Bill Bonow

Default What should I do?

Let’s see now. You could spend 2/3 of this amount converting an old Lynx, working your butt off figuring out how to fit in a dry sump tank and fabricating a bunch of new parts. If something breaks you need to make it.

OR you could just buy this and go to the ARRC at Atlanta. If something breaks you call Larry Campbell and order it.

Looks like a no brainer to me.

Default Winning Evolution

Here is a couple more photos of various people winning in this car:

Carl Middelegge takes the win at Gingerman

Bill Bonow at the Mid-Ohio scales after a win

Construction completion in 2005

Doug Dale on the way to a win at Blackhawk Farms

Bill Bonow wins at Nelson Ledges in '06

For the price asked, this is an extremely good car with proven competitive history.
    Bill Bonow

Its my understanding that this car has been sold and there is a good possibility that it will be at Atlanta.

Robert,

It doesn't surprize me if it got snapped up that fast. Any ideas who is the lucky person?
    Bill Bonow

Default SOLD

Yep, got a confirmation call this afternoon. The car is sold and could very well be at the ARRC
    Bill Bonow

Thread Information