Liked: 14

Default WANTED FM Engine for RunOffs

Hello

FM engine for the Runoffs, is there a engine out there that is in good and legal shape that I can borrow/rent for the runoffs?
    The engine in my car leaks water into the combustion chamber for the back rotor during cool down after every warm up cycle, quite a bit of water comes out the tailpipe when the engine is started cold... just add water, all season long... i didn't tell anybody except for
    Daryl Drummond.

I need an engine so i can put my head down and not worry about the old engine blowing up, everything else feels ready. If somebody out there can help me out, please advise or have suggestions.

kind regards Juan Marchand

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default water is cheap!

i don't know anything about wankels but will follow with interest responses to this query

Thanks for the support, I'll keep looking back to see if somebody throws a wankel at me.

yeah , just add water, the car will be at the Mazda Motorports tent if you want to bring some holy water lol...

Liked: 9

Default Best of luck

Well, Juan, I can't help out but will keep my fingers crossed that it holds together a few more hours. Do I understand that you've had this condition most of the season and that Darrell is aware of this? What's the end going to look like? Just lose huge amounts of power and spew white smoke?

We had a guy with a similar condition 5 years ago and I think he put a bandaid on it. (He proudly called himself underfunded, but I used another adjective). I don't remember what he did but I think it was something like a regular radiator stop leak thing. I may not have that exactly right but check the FM forum for a thread by Hohndo or PM me and I'll hook you up with him.

Well if you got this far, maybe you can limp home. And what a story that would be !!!
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 0

Hi Juan, Yes it was me who had the same condition you discribe. Check your lowed rotor housing bolts as they tend to stretch and brake Oh yeah you can't because they are sealed I believe. The condition i had was about 2.5 years ago (Ted is getting a bit long in the tooth...) I used a quality radiator stop leak and it fixed the condition. Maybe I got lucky, but it certainly prevented a $6K trip to Drumond. I am and have been underfunded for most all of my racing endeavors but If Ted wants to call it "cheap" that's ok too. Good luck!

Ted

yes, i made it through the season on a prayer that the white smoke would not end my Championship run. I'm so happy to hear that you guys are hoping I run the motor (last sealed in 2002). The story changes, I do have a new motor sitting here at the shop, the good lord lined this up!! I will be installing the new motor in the next days and do a thorough break-in and dyno here at GingerMan. I'm really grateful.

I will check the rotor housing bolts ,(minus the two with the seal) to check if they are loose, the old motor will go with me to the runoffs as a spare if anybody needs it.

last thing, a really good source from Averill mentioned to try the Bart's radiator sealer,
    I would if it was "just another race" but this is a very important mission, thanks for the support.

juanmarchand.com
    Last edited by JRMarchand; 09.09.09 at 3:48 PM.

Default juan more thought

you do know why they call it radiator SEALER , right?

out on a limb , cause it seals radiators and not engines.

Default just a caution ...

that it MAY impede flow through your narrow radiator tubes while it plugs the leakage in your housing

so watch those temps...then again those animals are oil-coooled right?

Thread Information