Contributing Member Bernard Bradpiece's Avatar
    Liked: 182

Default FF at Watkins Glen SVRA Next Week

FYI. The SVRA has 18 FF's booked in for next weekend (there is still time to come out to play). 13 Vintage and 5 Club Ford. Its a laid back event. Lots of cool cars and no hassle. SVRA is more interested in ensuring the car is fit to race than in creating a 500 page rule book and on whether you choose to spend a gazzilion dollars on trying to beat the rest. Competition is strong, expect lap times in the 2.11's on Dunlops, long circuit.

For those booked in I have asked Carl if we can have a staggered start - let the FB's go and the FF's can all play together. He is ameanable to that. I will need some support at the track to get it organized.
    BB2
    BB2

Liked: 87

Can do will be there in #45 1981 Crossle 45F. Do the Fords generally park anywhere in particular?
    Mike Winebrenner

Default FF at Watkins Glen SVRA Next Week

Mike:

Thanks for the support. I will be there Thursday and speak to Carl - maybe we can get the Monoposto together after drivers briefing to get this squared away. With a field this size it will save first corner aggrevation as the front running FF's mix in with the slower FB's and make for a cleaner race. It usually takes half to a full lap to clear. when we all go off together.

Parking tends to be a free for all - there are over 340 entries, which should make it busy. If you have not run with this group before, you will find them really friendly with everyone willing to pitch in. In CF, Bob Bruce has been the guy to catch. He wheels the Crossle really well but is (as most of the guys are) very clean and will always give you enough room - just! He is also a great guy to know. He ran a 2-11.7 last year.

I will be on the top somewhere, possibly in one of the garages, with a blue Merlyn 11a with yellow wheels and a blue Elva mk VII.

Look forward to some fun, despite the weather forecast!

Regards

Bernard Bradpiece
    BB2

Liked: 111

Default Public

Do you know if the event open to the public? I would like to try to get up there sunday.

Bob

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Bob, Yes it is open to the public.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Default Message for Mike Winebrenner

Quote Originally Posted by mdwracer View Post
    Can do will be there in #45 1981 Crossle 45F. Do the Fords generally park anywhere in particular?
    Mike Winebrenner

Mike:
    Sorry to screw things up but I have to go to the UK on personal business. I have emailed Carl suggesting the Monoposto guys get together after the drivers meeting. Sad I will miss you all, I was looking forward to the weekend.
    Regards
    BB
    BB2

Thread Information