Thread: 83 Tiga ff2000

Liked: 2

Default 83 Tiga ff2000

I have a very rare 83 Tiga FF2000 can & how do I go about running it in Vintage and if? what class would it be in?
    I have a Tiga Sports 2000 tub and complete spare front suspension for it and the rear of this FF2000 would give me what I need to finish a rolling chassis. But I cannot bring myself to part this car out like that.So I would like to run it here.They run them in GB. & Europe but I do not believe I have seem them run here yet.The car ran in the Canadian pro series in 1983 and just needs an engine and gearbox to finish it. If I can run it in vintage I will keep in one piece.It has the ground effect side pods so it would not be able to run SCCA the way it is.

Help Lee A. Jordan
    http://www.metroevents.com/jordaneng/index.htm

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    I have a very rare 83 Tiga FF2000 can & how do I go about running it in Vintage and if? what class would it be in?
    I have a Tiga Sports 2000 tub and complete spare front suspension for it and the rear of this FF2000 would give me what I need to finish a rolling chassis. But I cannot bring myself to part this car out like that.So I would like to run it here.They run them in GB. & Europe but I do not believe I have seem them run here yet.The car ran in the Canadian pro series in 1983 and just needs an engine and gearbox to finish it. If I can run it in vintage I will keep in one piece.It has the ground effect side pods so it would not be able to run SCCA the way it is.

Help Lee A. Jordan
    http://www.metroevents.com/jordaneng/index.htm

Just call up the vintage group you want to run with and ask them.

I know that older Continentals were allowed at the VIR Gold Cup. My 89 would have been allowed if I still had it.

You'd most likely be in the high power open wheel run group which could include F1 cars, F5000, Atlantics, Nippon cars etc.

Liked: 104

Lee, what is it with you and Tigas???? Is this the FF2000 out of Dayton?

Liked: 2

Hi John
    No ,the 85 Tiga FF2000 in Dayton was Steve Demeter's and
    I have owned a Van Diemen Remember!! I got this car from Canada (Toronto).Front and rear wings could use re skinning.Very neat car.Roger Schroer has the old Elite engine out of your old 84Van Diemen(Vannard).I think most of the rest of the car went to turn an 84FORMULA FORD Van Diemen in to a FF2000.I think that car might have been wrecked.
    Lee
    Last edited by LAJ; 08.29.09 at 12:46 PM. Reason: because I can

Liked: 0

Default Try SVRA

Lee,

Try contacting SVRA as I beleive you can easily run your S2000 with them. I was at this years Mid Ohio event on Saturday and had a great time looking at all the neat cars and various groups running and watching Bobby Rahl get with it in two different classes and win! In fact, I was so impressed (my wife was too) that we have decided to enter our older FSV in next years event.

Good Luck,

Denny Sideri

Thread Information