Thread: WTB

Liked: 0

Wanted To Buy Double Adjustable Shocks

I am looking for a set of Double adjustable shocks for a Std. FM. Anyone have any for sale or know where to find them? Springs would be nice as well.

Thanks Mike

Please email me:
    Immelhouse@bellsouth.net

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Have you tried

Moses Smith @ MSR.
    Check on the FM Forum or Google it.
    Tell him Coop sent ya!
    GC

Default Yes

Glenn thanks for the response. Yes, I have checked with Moses he is waiting on a set to come back now. Just curious if anyone else has any laying around.

Glenn, I don't know you personally but I do know that you won the runoffs in a FM so your opinion is probably worth asking for. Do you think moving from the SA to Double Adjustables is a worthwile move? Kinda on a tight racing budget like the rest of us. Are any of the really fast guy's still using the Single Adjustable shock's.

Thanks, Mike

Liked: 9

Default As usual, it depends

Do you think moving from the SA to Double Adjustables is a worthwile move? Kinda on a tight racing budget like the rest of us. Are any of the really fast guy's still using the Single Adjustable shock's.
    What's Moses say? Take that to the bank.

From the Central CA group, where some reasonably fast guys have run the old style single adjustables, they would prolly ask; "How much time you looking to find? If you're within 1 to 2 seconds of the track record, then yes, it'll be worth it. If you're not that close, then you've got other more important things to work on."

{handing the microphone back to Coop}........
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Idlof View Post
    What's Moses say? Take that to the bank.
    Thanks for the response Ted.

Moses opinion is that they help on some tracks more than others. I think that he said on a very bumpy and/or very smooth track that they will make the most difference. Yes, I value his knowledge on the FM very much. Just looking to see what others have gained making the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Idlof View Post
    "How much time you looking to find? If you're within 1 to 2 seconds of the track record, then yes, it'll be worth it. If you're not that close, then you've got other more important things to work on."
    At the Track that I race most at I "probably" hold the unoffical track record for a std FM. At some of the bigger tracks I am within a second or so of the really fast guys. IMO, I am to a point where I am looking for every bit of performance from the car itself.

FYI, I am running an 8 year old motor that probably needs to be replaced before the shock's but we'll get to that this year too!

Thanks, Mike

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default 'sup, Hot Rod

Runoffs? Man, ya heard wrong.
    The best I ever did in my single appearance in an FM was a miserable 9th. After starting 7th!
    Yeah I remember when I ponied up for a setof double adj's at a SMPS race at Sebring, which of course is the king of bumpy tracks. Well except for MSR/Houston maybe.
    I think i picked up some time, but gotta agree w/ Ted acessment. Especially in light of the 8 y/o engine.
    How long has it been since the single's have been serviced?
    I'm prolly the worst guy to ask on this as I just set 'em to about the middle and never really touced 'em after that! I guess you could say that I'm more of an "ass" driver (as in seat of thee pants - it has served me well!) than a "brain" driver...

GC

Default Ooop's

Ooop's Sorry coop.. I mixed you up with James Goughary for the runoffs FM win.

Heh, I wish someone mistook me for winning the FM class at the runoffs. That's probably as close to winning or even getting a chance to compete in them that I'll ever get.

As far as how long since the singles have been serviced.... Well... I am embarrased to say that they are of the same vintage as the eight year old motor...

Thanks, Mike Immel

Thread Information