Liked: 0

Default aim formula car wheel

Is anybody using the Aim formula car wheel in the FE car. IF so
    which aim system are you using I was thinking of the Ev04 system.
    Does anybody have any feedback to this setup?

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by stradale425 View Post
    Is anybody using the Aim formula car wheel in the FE car. IF so
    which aim system are you using I was thinking of the Ev04 system.
    Does anybody have any feedback to this setup?
    Not in an FE but I run one in an SRF using the EVO4 as the base system.

So far it has been trouble free in operation. Comfortable hand position for me and the 3 others who have driven the car.

Couple of things to note.

1. The diameter of the wheel is 270 while many formula car wheels are 250. It can cause clearance issues in some cars but I am pretty sure you have more than enough room in the FE.

2. You might need a different quick release/adaptor as you are set with the sizing of the three bolts that come from teh factory. It does fit SPA quick releases wiht no modification.

Setup is the same as any of the other AIM dash systems. You can customize the displays/warning lights etc. I haven't used any of the wired buttons for things like a radio yet so I can't speak about them just yet, although I have heard some issues with certain radios that the number of wires doesn't match up.

I have the AIM Formula Wheel in an FE and have had no problems at all. I have the Evo3 Pro because the Evo4 came out after I purchased the system.

Thanks,

Lee
    Lee Walther
    FE #37
    www.waltherracing.com
    Midwest Division FE CSR
    lwalther@cox.net

Do you have any pictures of the install. I want to make sure that the wheel
    is not to big. Are you using any of the hard wire buttons. Does teh EV03
    get the motor data from the ECU like the EV04. did you have to send out
    your ecu to get updated to make this work? Thanks for the help Joe

Liked: 42

I've only seen the formula wheel not fit in a 98 VD and one other car that I can't think of right now where the upper bars along the top of the cockpit were just a smidge to close for the 270mm diameter. In current cars there seems to be a lot more room in that area.

The wheel fits fine. I'll see if I have any pictures. If not, I'll take some and send them to you. The Evo3 does read the ECU and I did send the ECU to Enterprises to make it work. I use one of the buttons as the PTT for the radio.

Lee
    Lee Walther
    FE #37
    www.waltherracing.com
    Midwest Division FE CSR
    lwalther@cox.net

thanks for the help. The picture would be great if it is not to much of a problem.

Liked: 112

I use and EVO4 with the FE. Yes the ECU needs to go to Enterprises. You want the lastest map anyway, so why not.

I use an M3 dash because I needed a bit more clearance than the 270 would allow with my big self in the car. Novak uses the aim wheel and he is comfortable with it.

I do substantially like the display better on the aim wheel than the M3 dash and still consider switching.

Use the aim wheel give you predictive lap timing, which the M3 display does not allow, for whatever programming reasons.

jim

Thread Information