Liked: 1

Default Throttle cable sources?

I need to buy a new throttle cable for my Swift DB4. Can anyone recommend some potential sources for this item? I know that Pegasus offers a custom-build option.

Liked: 4

Default Throttle cable

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ross View Post
    I need to buy a new throttle cable for my Swift DB4. Can anyone recommend some potential sources for this item? I know that Pegasus offers a custom-build option.
    Keith Averill @ Averill Racing Stuff can turn one around for you in a couple days. High Quality at a reasonable price. My last 2 cables, were sourced from him, very happy with them. I beleive he has an order sheet on his site, but we've just previously sent him old one to replicate.
    Last edited by racer27; 06.22.09 at 12:39 PM.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 210

Averill does a great job. To avoid any possible errors and the need to take measurements (cable for our FC) I just shipped the old one to him and said please copy this (but make the sheath'd section 2" shorter). New and used one were returned quickly.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

How smooth is the action on these throttle cables that folks are getting custom made? I'm in the market as well for a new cable on account of the current one being a bit on the worn side, but want something that's butter-smooth and takes no effort to mash.

Cheers,
    Rennie

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 16

Default Throttle Cables

For our Atlantic I have them made by Brits up in Sonoma .I think they may sub them out but dont know who to.High quality,reasonable price. Rennie if you want to check out "smooth" let me know, i have a couple.

Graham
    Graham

Hey Graham -

I might just take you up on that, you got any local races coming up? I definitely need to do something with our current throttle cable, it's very hard to do anything but grind the pedal all the way down.

With these new rules in effect, you thinking of coming back into the proper FA fold?

Cheers,
    Rennie

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Mmmmm, Buttery

The $6.75 tandem bicycle brake cable that I use is about as buttery as they get.
    Cut to length and the ball on the end is almost a perfect fit for the GSXR throttle body, requiring just a tad of filing of the housing. It all works very freely. Not sure of the strength of the return spring(s) your car utilizes, as that will be a factor.
    GC

Liked: 7

Control Cables in Santa Fe Springs CA 562-949-0455 is a good choice they made all the original DB Series Cables, they should be able to provide a cable from their drawings. The original Swift Part # was 444-504.

Thanks, Steve. Was that part number for the DB4?

Liked: 7

Yes that was the DB4 part number.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Clayton View Post
    How smooth is the action on these throttle cables that folks are getting custom made?
    Rennie,

Without a doubt . . Control Cable . . . 562-802-1122 . . . put it in your cell. I've had them make up a custom length cable for the RT-24 and get it to me at the Glen within 24 hours. And, the action is extremely smooth with a minimum bend radius of 4". They have all possibility of ends and hardware and are great to work with.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Were the original DB4 cables of the push/pull type?

Liked: 8

Smooth? Huh? What?

You don't just have a switch for WOT and idle to control throttle?
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

I ended up purchasing a custom cable from Keith Averill. Reasonable price and quick turn time. I don't have an engine to attach the cable to at the moment, but I am expecting a big improvment.

Thread Information