Liked: 8

Default Video record of event?

Mike and Steve:
    Has there been any discussion of anyone recording the events of the 40th?
    It would be nice to be able to buy a moderately priced professionally produced dvd afterwards.
    I'm thinking incar footage from various drivers, a few shots from around the track during the races, plus the partys and paddock.
    Have you approached Speed about their interest in the event?
    It seems like that this could be a nice 1/2 or hour show with someone like Tommy Kendall moderating?
    Regards,

Greg Kokolus
    PRS #30

Liked: 679

Default Video of 40th

I agree. This seems like a natural for speed channel, and I bet you could sell a copy to everyone who was there, and everyone who couldn't make it too.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 82

That's a great idea. I know I'd buy a copy. This is a huge event and with how many cars that will be showing up, it would make sense to have SPEED or ESPN come in a record it.
    Does anyone know how we could go about getting this idea off the ground?

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Steve Beeler and I wholeheartedly agree, this is a great idea.
    There must be someone one of the FF community knows with the contacts and the ability to propose and consumate this concept to the appropriate entity.
    Quite frankly, Steve and I have very full plates already, and if someone, anyone, wants to run with this ball, by all means, have at it, be our guests.

Default Video record

For some reason the name of Greg Creamer stands out in my mind as one of the commentators for Speed coverage of the Runoffs.
    I also remember him suggesting that he is an SCCA member.
    Does anyone know how to contact him?
    As an on air personality he would be privvy to the logistics of filming the runoffs and who the producer was.
    The producer is possibly the key to this issue as they are the likely individual to pitch a story line like this to an end user like Speed Channel.
    I am also pursuing another avenue that could lead to a professionally produced video, but without the broadcast component.
    Mike and Steve - I will forward you any info should my call pay off.

Greg Kokolus
    PRS #30

Greg Kokolus

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by PRS56 View Post
    For some reason the name of Greg Creamer stands out in my mind as one of the commentators for Speed coverage of the Runoffs.
    I also remember him suggesting that he is an SCCA member.
    Does anyone know how to contact him?
    http://www.gregcreamer.com/

Click on one of his resumes.....
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 29

My company could do this, but I don't think it is financially viable. Then again with a nice combination of still photos, in-car footage, two or three cameras and lots of editing.....hmmm.

Jim Gustafson
    Visual Communications
    www.vis-comm.com
    FF 1970 thru '73
    Last edited by Jim Gustafson; 05.27.09 at 9:33 PM.

Liked: 9

Just got a message from Tommy Kendall....he says whoever is going to produce this should contact him.......
    Currently Without Car

Default video record

Hi:
    I did send Greg Creamer an email last week telling him about the event and if he knew any producers who may be interested in picking it up.
    I've also spoken to my Universities television services department about doing a 2 camera newsstyle shoot with an edited finished product ready to be sold.
    They have the wherewithall to do it professionally, but as Jim G. mentioned it may be tough to make the numbers work. Especially since the equipment and director would be coming out of PA. The shooters could possibly come from Wisc.
    I don't have a final figure, but I'd bet that every competitor would have to buy a copy of the dvd to make it financially viable.
    I should know more in coming days.
    Greg Kokolus
    PRS 30

Liked: 0

Hi gang,

It's Mullin Productions that handles the Runoffs on SPEED TV. They have done so for several years and also do various pro series. Unfortunately there is no way it would be financially viable for them to do the 40th event. That being said, there are several people/companies that can take on-board footage, some still shots and combine with audio/commentary to do a pretty good program. We (EFCN) worked with former FF1600 driver Clark Cambern previously to do broadcasts of F2000 pro races that way. Not sure what he'd charge or if he'd be able to do it, but might be worth contactng. I'm sure others around capable of doing this as well.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

I have talked with Clark at length about the 40th, if anyone wants to cover his out of pocket he might do it, but I am pursuing another possibility as I type, might know more tomorrow.
    John Mullin would need at least $50K to cable RA and run cameras and then all you'd have is raw footage in need of editing, voice over, production, and distribution.
    For what, sales of a couple hundred at most ? They'd need sell each for $400.00 to make a buck !

Liked: 159

Default College Project?

In this vast group are there any graduates of some of the local colleges? Graduates brave enough to go back on a mission?

Idea. Get some students studying cinematography or TV production or communications ... Let them have a go at making a documentary of our weekend. Some can take on the challenge of creating the stories behind the race with interviews and the human story. Others could tackle documenting the technology story, concentrating on the cars while the rest could take on the challenge of capturing the on track action. Heck, it could even be the same team wearing different hats.

In each case they could showcase their abilities towards jump starting careers and still earn money from the sale of DVD's. At the same time we expose this whole deal to young people not necessarily aware of our sport. I know it is summer and many schools are out, but I notice that 'real' grad students don't recognize the change of season.

Bueller? Anyone? Beuller?

We are closing in on an arrangement that will yield a documentary of the 40th produced by professionals.
    Stand by for details, or don't, as you please.

Default DVD will be available from Sun Lake Productions

Hello everyone. My name is Mike Beall and my company, Sun Lake Productions, will be producing a DVD around the Formula Ford 40th event at Road America later this month. The program will be shot in HD and combine on-track action with interviews and historical materials.

I will be posting more information in the next few days; in the meantime, you can reach me at formula_ford@sunlakeproductions.com.

As noted a post ago in this thread, the arrangement is in place.
    Mike Beall and Sunlake are the folks doing it, I am sure we will all support their efforts and buy copies for friends and family.
    After all, only 170 shopping days until Christmas. Or around 170 days.......
    A huge thanks to Mike and Sunlake for stepping up and making it happen.

Default Formula Ford Historical Materials

I am looking for videos and photos of Formula Ford cars, people, and events from the past 40 years to include in the upcoming video. If anyone has anything that might be of use, please contact me at formula_ford@sunlakeproductions.com and let me know if you can bring it to the event. I will have a scanner with me for photos and I can copy DVDs. I can bring the equipment to play VHS, DV, Hi8/8mm, and Digital8 tapes if needed.

Pictures and videos are much more interesting if there is a story to go with, so my crew and I will be interviewing as many people on-camera as possible over the weekend. Please let me know if you have any stories you'd like to share or know anyone who does.

Thanks.

Thread Information