Thread: The Big "D"

Liked: 3787

OK sportsfans!

We are past mid-season in the SE Div. SARRC CFC Championship. The party is over. This weekend is the Daytona Double. They could very well be the pivotal races of the season.

Setting the stage:
    * Marshall Aiken - predicted by his instructor at drivers school this spring to be the 2001 CFC Champion. He finally has his act together with his Swift. And in spite of his season of maladies is sitting in 2nd place in the points. He's for sure to show at Daytona, hot off his Atlanta win.
    * Victor Bunce - leading in points. Seems to do real well if no one else shows, otherwise he is in the back of the pack. Being from Central Florida, will he show at Daytona?
    * Court Dowis - 2000 CFC Champ. Has inherited bad racing luck from Aiken. He just can't seem put a whole weekend together. Watching Marshall win from the gravel traps in Atlanta did not help his chances. He doesn't plan on doing Daytona. He will do the August single at Roebling Road. Couple that with the double in Atlanta on Labor Day, mathematically he is still in the hunt.
    * Mike Eakin - He's registered for the Daytona show. Current 3rd in points, one behind Aiken. In the past 4 weeks, he has installed new brakes, new body panels/wings, new radios, new paint, and a new motor. He also has a "ringer" ALMS/NASCAR crew. Is he serious about this, or just gone froggy in his old age?
    * Rich LaTerra - Still in good shape after his Charlotte win. He needs to make the show to stay in the points race. At this point he is still a contender for the championship.
    * Montfort - Damn good to see him make the Atlanta show. He's not scheduled for Daytona. Is this just his warmup season for next year's run for the championship?
    * David Sava - We haven't seen David and his matching Reynards since April. Probably not a contender. But, if he makes Daytona, he is fast, and there are still enough races left to be in the hunt. And with two cars, it is easier for him to "reload".
    * AJ Galino - AJ says he will be back, maybe to be the spoiler in the SIC race in September. But unless he gets his car repaired and back in the action soon, he will start sliding back in points rapidly. He probably is not a contender for this year's championship.

Yours truly, the Purple Frog, predicted in March that somebody that pronounces his name as "achin" will win the title this year. Will it be Aiken or Eakin? Stay tuned. Maybe by August 6 the picture will be clearer.

Liked: 0

Frog,
    I just might make the Daytona double and just turn it into the Daytona single. I dont know yet. I had so much trouble getting my hands on the schedule since their web page doesnt have it I was wondering if the race would be that unorganized also. But then again, I never met someone else whos wife likes frogs and favorite color is purple, so I might have to show up to see if you are in the same boat as me.

Montfort,
    Did you go to the Central Florida Region home page. It's been right there under "Racing" for about 6 weeks.
    If you went to Florida Region, oops, you won't find it there.
    Bring that Reynard on down.

Montfort,
    I just went to their web site. I did not work...
    I sent them an email informing them of such.

I think I have a schedule at home. We are group 6. Late to start, late to go home, best chance to get rained on.

Thread Information