Liked: 3787

I didn't go, so all the following is second hand, but I know the CFC crowd is tired by now of only news about the Sprints...

They had a little SARRC race at Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte NC last Saturday.

Three CFCs showed up to play.

Rich LaTerra in a Swift,
    Court Dallis in a Reynard,
    and Marshal Aiken in a Swift.

Marshal qualified as the fastest CFC, grided third in the group behind a FM and a CSR. Aiken was a bit over a second faster than the other two CFCs. He was claiming that the weekend was a shakedown run since he had spent every night that week getting a motor installed and the car reassembled.

My understanding is that Court was still running his #2 motor while Butler is prepping his #1 motor for the big push to the SE Division runoffs.

Starting with the first lap, Marshal was out for an overall win. He was soon into 2nd place. It was fun while it lasted. By about turn 4 on the first lap he was a spectator. Turns out that the battery post on his fancy gell cell battery broke off. But he did get to watch a very tight and spirited race between Court and Rich. In the end Rich ended up the victor. Which was nice, being that it is his new hometown.

Since this is an FC website... Richard Aiken won the FC race driving his son's '95 VD.

Those of you that have grown used to colorful reporting of these events must give the author credit for not embelishing something he did not witness personally.

Stayed tuned sportsfans. Moroso is in about two weeks. And I know you are are sitting on the edges of your benches wondering if Aiken can maintain this incredible string of misfortunes that has beset his effort since February.

A minor point of question about the Lowes event... If one is a member of group 1, and group 1 practice starts at 8:00, and tech does not open until 8:00, how does one practice? Maybe CCR was just a bit tired after having put on 3 events in the past month....

Liked: 0

Hey Purple Frog, does anyone know who in that group kept oiling down the track all day ? Those of us in group two really appreciated it , especially the heavy oil on-line through nascar 3 & 4 that was left for our race. Yes, I was driving a tin-top again. The FC is still in pieces in the garage.

Liked: 0

I think it was the Atlantic that didn't race because of motor problems. I didn't know Swift made guard rails, at least they almost did!! I noticed the oil in qualifying. If there was oil during your race, it must have been someone else. I don't know, I wasn't out there long enough to oil down the track.

M. Aiken
    Marshall Aiken
    www.aikenracing.com

Thread Information