Liked: 190

Default Evolution Test Drive Day

Earlier today at the Autobahn Country Club (South Course), an Evolution test drive day was held for interested drivers that featured 3 current model Evolution Mk 2 Formula First cars. A host of people got to drive a new car throughout the day and see just what Formula First is all about. The weather was perfect and everyone had a great time. It looks like a few more FST's will be joining in on the fun.

Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

does dfre still exist????

DRE merged with SRacing/RaceCarSupply.com (Apexspeed advertiser). Butch Deer's (DRE) trailer was purchased and graphics installed before the two companies got together. Butch has just left the logo on the trailer.
    Bill Bonow

For those curious, here are a few additional photos.

The drivers in these photos are Jeff Parnell, Richard Fisher and Pat Womack (all currently driving SM)
    Bill Bonow

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

If you guys are planning to do this again in the future, will it be advertised in advance somewhere? How would an interested party be able to participate?
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Matt,

We had made a short list of 12 people who were pretty serious about getting involved in FST (specifically an Evolution) and invited them to a test drive at ABJ. Because the majority of the drivers were ABJ members, it worked out to be a very cost effective as we were invited in as their guests.

Typically, these types of test drive events are not advertised or promoted (hence the report after the event). In fact, Jaguar was having a test drive of their own on the North track with ~30 new Jaguars and I never heard a peep about their event before we arrived at ABJ. An open invitation event could yield 100 or more people. Most of whom just want some seat time.

If we only would have known your interest, we certainly would have sent you an invitation.

I can't say if we'll have another event like this. I guess it would depend on how many qualified people show interest.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 0

Default On Board Video

Below is the Youtube Link for on Board video from Car # 26 driven by Richard Fischer Car # 69 is Jeff Parnell & Car 11 is Pat Womack, I don't think you see Pat but he was right behind Jeff or Richard the whole time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2F6oqNooAA

Carl
    Carl Middelegge
    2007 Evolution MK 1.3 FST

Contributing Member
    Liked: 481

Since Spec Miata is such a big class - if they are thinking of switching, what are their reasons?

ChrisZ

Chris,

I don't know that they are switching, or just adding to their armada. Most in this group owned multiple race cars.
    Bill Bonow

Thread Information