Liked: 0

Default Showing your history

To all entered,

I ran this idea by Steve Beeler a couple of weeks ago and he thought it was a good idea.

With all of the entries and the celebs running around...you know wanting to meet so and so or see this car it will be tough to catch everyone at their respective paddock or meet at the party.

This is what I am planning to do: Display your/my racing past

Purchase the standard 3' X 4' corkboard from Walmart (or other) and place pictures of previous cars, crash damage from bone head moves, pictures of oh my God ..an open trailer, old grid sheets, friends made and lost...well you get the idea. For me it will chronicle my 24 years of running these wonderful cars good and bad.

I plan on having it displayed in my paddock so someone who has any of my old cars can catch up or remember years gone by.

Come on, some other people must do it or I will look like a sentimental dork.

Mike Kolthoff
    "party prize giver"

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

I'm bringing a framed poster from my first FF race of memory, a National USFF Championship race at Mid America Raceways in Wentzville, MO. There is no year listed but it must be 1973 or 1974. I've been looking for a copy of the results to go with it for years...

Great idea Mike. I'm on the case! So you and I will look like a matched pair of dorks!
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Liked: 0

Default Thank God

I won't be the only one. I have kept the steering off of all four fords that I have owned.

A couple are bent but that is a story unto itself.

Liked: 106

oh god - if we're all bringing broken parts as story pieces, we'll need another trailer!

'tis a neat idea - unfortunately I don't have any history of my car from prior to the previous owner. Maybe someone at the 40th will recognize the # and have some info for me.

Gary
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Thread Information