Liked: 0

Default Reynard SF88 FC - SOLD

1988 Reynard SF88 FC/FL
    Last raced Sept 1997 fully restored since then, everything either new , rebuilt or as original.
    Fresh Elite motor 0 hours on Ivey built original, pinto .
    Chassis completely rebuilt with grey enamel finish original stamped chassis No. 064. Homologation No. 86431
    Plumbing and electrical to aircraft specs. most AN fasteners
    Rocker suspension with cockpit adjustable rear swaybar ( extre bars both front and rear)
    new double adjustable Koni's and 7 extra spring sets.
    New Dymag wheels wirh Goodyear slicks - Compomotive wheels with Rains ( they are rebuilt & don't leak)
    New Avril rear wing reont Avril like new
    Stack tachometer and new instruments
    Willans belts and 5# halon fire system
    This car is ready for combat in fact it has passed this years annual tech inspection already.
    Many spare including body parts for molds , etc
    Price $17,500.00
    Delvery is a posssibility we can negotiate since I still have my 20" Carson enclosed trailer and if you want to discuss a package I'm open. Ed 253 219 2191

Reason for sale RETIREMENT
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 06.27.14 at 7:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Liked: 210

Ed did a fantastic job on this car. We had planned to run with him at his first outing with it at a track day in March, But the bad weather kept us both away. It IS fresh. Ed is meticulous in his workmanship and I really doubt if there's a Reynard in the country of this vintage in better shape at the moment.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 1

Default Nose crushbox???

Hey Ed, ...nice clean ride, but where's the crushbox?...Those nose castings are tough, but they (and you) need the c-box up front. (been there, left the pieces at Summit)..
    Smitty

Liked: 210

Ed was planning to run in ICSCC. Okay yes, a crush box is a good thing even though the drivers feet are well behind the 'almost' solid bulkhead in the Reynard. Okay yes, the triangle rods and nose piece might not absorb as much energy as a crush box. But it's not mandated to be a "crush box" style energy absorber in our club.

On the other hand, it's an exceptional car and you can buy a good, cored crush box from Keith Averill. That is a good thing. But even with Keith's knowledge of these cars, there can be a fit problem depending upon who built your nose. Yes, variations in the cross bar inside the nose in terms of diameter, depth and vertical location.

Ask me how we, with a crush box AND a triangle mount know this?

If you REALLY want to start that issue.....

How can the scca specify an FIA certified crush box in one paragraph then, in the next paragraph give dimensions for anybody with a hacksaw and rivet gun to build a home made one? Who says that home made one is really going to perform like an FIA certified one or for that matter, as well as that triangle structure? Seems a bit strange to me. But what do I know?

Then again, there is a design for an original "crush box" that went inside the triangle. However, I doubt it meets the volume requirements of the SCCA paragraphs and it wasn't FIA certified in 1988.

Then again, I'm not sure of the volume of that triangle either. But, if it's large enough and taking the 2nd SCCA allowed approach, you could sheet metal around the triangle and say.. There, there's my crush box.

Trust me, I'm not trying to down play a major safety issue here. But I think as the rule is written there's some question as to what you may end up with in terms of safety.
    Last edited by rickb99; 05.19.09 at 11:41 AM.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 1

Default late 80's Reynard

Lovely car. I'm still hoping to get mine to that level.

I intend to eventually build a triangulated tubing nose/wing bracket with a partial crush box. The crush box is required to extend a specified distance forward of the not-depressed pedals, which is only about two (2) inches in front of the bulkhead.

Apparently the rule is intended for the "cab-forward" designed cars in the early '80s where the drivers feet extended past the front structure and suspension mounts.?

Bill Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Smittty View Post
    Hey Ed, ...nice clean ride, but where's the crushbox?...Those nose castings are tough, but they (and you) need the c-box up front. (been there, left the pieces at Summit)..
    Smitty
    Hi Smitty
    Left off for the pic. I have it and will attach a photo, my version - does it meet Req? Never got to the point or deep research into various club rules
    Thanks for the comment
    Ed

For Sale Reynard SF88 2L Formula Continental

Bump

Liked: 39

Default Car has been sold!

This car has been sold and went to Denmark.

Thread Information