Liked: 3795

Default New Industrial Grade Website

The F2000 Championship Series now has on-line its brand spanking new website.

After listening the results of their end-of-season poll, the Series owners put Chris Camadella and Monty Mathisen to work to develop a website that reflects the quality of the Series.

There is promises to update it frequently. And on race weekends results, etc. will be posted from the tower.

I'm a bit bias, because their photo gallery has a sampling of Mrs. Frog's photo work.

See for yourself: F2000ChampionshipSeries.com

Liked: 42

The website turned out great. Chris Camadella (programming genius!) and I put a lot of hours into making it what it needs to be.

It will be a huge help in marketing the series, attracting competitors - and as Frog mentioned - it's going to be kept VERY current.

We are looking for content already, if drivers and teams have announcements to make they are more than welcome to email me the release at F2000@MathisenMedia.com (or call me at 914 419 1070) for posting on the website. We also are reaching out to the motorsports media and press.

And for those that don't know, I will be joining the series this season, heading up the PR/Communications program!

http://www.F2000ChampionshipSeries.com

Liked: 210

Terrific looking site, guys!

One thing. The Pi Research link on the "Partners" page isn't right. It has wrong URL

One minor irritation (to pro web surfers). When you click links on "Teams" page they open in SAME window so you're taken away from the F2000 Series site. Would be nice if they open in a NEW window.

On the 2008 "Results" page, none of the individual race PDF's will open? But the one on the "Standings" page is okay. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    I'm a bit bias, because their photo gallery has a sampling of Mrs. Frog's photo work.
    I don't understand? Says photo's by Janice Eakin, not Mrs. Frog? Great photo gallery!
    Last edited by rickb99; 02.02.09 at 3:36 PM.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 96

Great Job Monty!
    I do not wish to knock the old site, but this one looks terrific.

Monty will definitely be an asset to the F2000 series. He is very smart, driven, focused and generally a good guy to be around.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 1417

Looks good, from what I can see, but you might want to do some more testing in Firefox. Looks great in Safari, though.

Liked: 48

Default NICE !!!

Looks like a well done site .....FINALLY !! WELL DONE !!
    now we need that on the West Coast !! maybe in BLUE !!!
    friend us on FaceBook search "velocity haus"
    like on facebook search "velocity haus Engineering"
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Mike Foschi

Noticeably missing from the site is any pictures of last years champion as was done the previous years.
    I guess since Krohn wasn't worthy of getting his championship award at some sort of awards banquet last year there is no need to acknowledge him on the web site either.

Happy New Year
    Last edited by Mike Foschi; 02.03.09 at 11:06 AM. Reason: clean up

Liked: 1

Congrats!!! Loads fast, clean interface... follows the 3-click rule. For a bit of clean-up, you might want to list teams in alpha and drivers by car #.

On page
    http://f2000championshipseries.com/index.php/results the 2008 F2000 Championship Series Results PDF appears to be missing (perhaps link it to http://f2000championshipseries.com/p...NJ1w-drops.pdf ).

Great job and congrats again! Maybe i'll do a 'one-off' and rent a car for LRP and WGI...
    Enjoy the Track,

Steven
    http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com
    Was 99/00 FC, now am Just Waiting. Racing is life...

Liked: 0

Default Anders

Mike,

Thanks for your continued interest in our 2008 Champion Anders Krohn. He was a very deserving champion and we wish him the best of luck in 09 and beyond. If you would like to follow his progress this year he has signed with Mundill Racing to compete in the Star Mazda Series. Their website is www.mundill.com

Al

Mike Foschi

I know where he went. Just surprised you guys could care less about touting him as your champ. You finally have someone who could go somewhere and it seems like you could care less. .
    Why is that?

Liked: 210

Considering it's a new "Industrial Strength" web site, I suspect they are still working on some graphics. Mrs. Eakin's pictures are terrific. But my guess is eventually they'll have photos of the 2009 teams and cars up.

Perhaps at that time (or close), they'll post some images of the 2008 series leaders too.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Foschi, damn I've missed you!

Thanks so much for the positive constructive criticism.

Actually the photo gallery is full of great shots of Anders. One of the most photogenic cars ever. In the past months Janice has provided him with hundreds of shots. Anders is always so appreciative. Truly, Anders and his folks have proven to be some of the classiest people we've met in racing.

I have been working on an article that reviews the last three years and their uniquely impressive champions, Matt, Cole, and Anders. It just hasn't passed the fact-check editor yet.

We could have held up opening the new site until those parts were completed, or open it up and add detail as fast as we can. We decided to get it open with the schedules and team details sooner than later. Now we will start layering in more and more "stuff".

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foschi View Post
    I know where he went. Just surprised you guys could care less about touting him as your champ. You finally have someone who could go somewhere and it seems like you could care less. .
    Why is that?
    Mike,

It's clear to everyone who reads your posts that you have an axe to grind regarding the prominence of our publicity for last years' champion, Anders Krohn.

Although we understand your position, it is highly unlikely that your making inflammatory posts on this forum is going to have the desired effect.

I assure that that our omission of what you deem to be sufficient publicity for Mr. Krohn was in no way reflective of our opinion of him or of his accomplishment. His driving was outstanding, and he was a good sportsman both off the track and on.

However, you must understand that our primary goal was to get the web site up and running as soon as possible, and you must also understand that the majority of the visitors to our site are teams and racers trying to get information about the upcoming season, and it was this information that was our highest priority to publish. I also want you to know that I decided to publish the site in its current form, and I take responsibility for what's out there and what's not.

Since you, to the best of my knowledge, are not planning to join the series next season, I fully understand how your highest priority regarding the site is the publicity of your past laurels. We will publish an appropriate article about Mr. Krohn and his accomplishments as soon as time permits.

In the meantime, I suggest that you put down the axe.

Cheers,

Chris Camadella
    chris@vroominc.com
    607 256 7266

Back in black...

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.07.09 at 5:19 PM.

Liked: 91

You finally have someone who could go somewhere and it seems like you could care less.

Hey, that hurts my feelings.

Who hid the M&M's from Foschi???
    Last edited by Cole Morgan; 02.03.09 at 11:25 PM.

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Morgan View Post
    Hey, that hurts my feelings.

Cole,

I DARE you to bust that line out in a couple of months...

Brad
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 91

I'm getting it out of my system Brad.

Awesome site guys, I really like the layout. Well done!

Mike Foschi

Wow!!!!
    1 simple question and I get 3 phone calls, 4 emails, 2 private messages from Apexspeed and a telegram from my new best friend Obama.
    Well, I’ll play.
    Froggy, I actually miss you to, I still think your one of the good guys no matter how many people want to change my mind about that. Can you email that picture to me? I need a picture of when I was thinner than I am now, thanks. I want everyone to know the that was taken right after Chuck Lessick, that’s his back in the picture, and I had one of those Brokeback moments, if you know what I mean.
    Cole, I did not mean any disrespect to you, Get my # from someone that has it and call me I might have something for you.
    Chris, it’s hard for me to reply to your response because I don’t know who you are, and I’m sure you don’t know me. I assume that when you say "we" you mean Guibord, Wright and Rand. As far as hoping for the "desired effect" your correct, the desired effect was an answer to the question, which I didn’t get and I have a feeling I'm not getting one.
    I met Anders Krohn twice, and had nothing to do with his racing ever. So your assumption that this has something to do with me or my laurels are as incorrect as your "inflammatory posts" statement.
    Anyway, thanks for you response. If you have the tapes for all the phone calls between you, Wright, Guibord and Rand that took place prior to your response I’m sure we would love to hear them. And by "we" I mean me.

Mike
    P.S. Axe? If you knew me you would know I’m more of a chain saw and wood chipper guy.
    Sorry to everyone on Apexspeed for the wasted space.
    Last edited by Mike Foschi; 02.04.09 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Liked: 142

and a telegram from my new best friend Obama.

foschi likes black dickies..........
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 157

Hi Mike! How are you and your son doing these days? Havent seen you guys since the old days of kart racing at Westhampton. I hope all is well and hopefully we'll run into you at the track someday soon. Are you still on LI or down in Florida now?

Take care.

Tom

Mike Foschi

Oh Boy!!! Now you've done it Tom.

For one you asked a question on the F2000 site which I have come to find out is a No No.
    And 2 - you now let people know that you know me...life will never be the same for you. Sorry.

I'll fake them out for you watch.

No Tom, you must be thinking of some one else!!

Call me tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by HazelNut View Post
    foschi likes black dickies..........
    LOL!!!!!

I want everyone to know the that was taken right after Chuck Lessick, that’s his back in the picture, and I had one of those Brokeback moments, if you know what I mean.
    You remembered

I met Anders Krohn twice, and had nothing to do with his racing ever. So your assumption that this has something to do with me or my laurels are as incorrect as your "inflammatory posts" statement.
    That was totally obvious to anyone paying attention...didn't we lose our canopy at Atlanta because Foschi wasn't there to hold it down? Andersen thought they had his job covered last year...guess they were wrong.
    Chuck Lessick

ZATgraphics.com
    2006 Top Private Team Cooper Tire Series

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Our new webmasters, Chris Camadella and Monty Mathisen, are anxious for any team news, driver signings, new car announcements, virtually anything of interest related to the F2000 Championship Series.
    Contact Chris at chris@vroominc.com
    Contact Monty at monty@mathisenmedia.com
    We welcome content that will advance both the series, the teams and the drivers.

For those of you who haven't clicked around too much, there is a competitors section on the website : http://www.f2000championshipseries.c...hp/competitors This section currently has a few "bulletins" and will obviously see much more as the year goes on. We are not going to be posting these items on the front page so keep an eye on the competitor section of the site if it applies to you

And as always - content is more than welcome

I suggest everyone go read Frog's latest ," Danville May Not be Manhattan " http://www.f2000championshipseries.c...t-be-manhattan

Default website

why does the site look bad again. Awesome content and everything was fantastic for a while but now there is a huge white space in the middle of the page and the site looks like its malfunctioning, this may just be on my browsers but its happening on both firefox and safari

Its happening on my Safari as well. Not sure what the deal is but you have to scroll down to get any content.
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Fixed.

I think the site went in shock when we headlined Tim Minor.

sorry but it wasn't fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Liuzzi44 View Post
    sorry but it wasn't fixed

agreed
    Matthew Inge

Forgot to post these before, Monty, sorry. This is Firefox on a Mac... v3.0.7

...For those of you having problems it is probably due to your browser font-size settings. Reset them to medium or "normal" and repeat...

In Internet Explorer: click view, text size, medium

In FireFox, click view, zoom, reset.

Shouldn't need to change font views for specific websites... tighten up your CSS.

Default site

although the new site is great, it is completely pointless on macs. It looks terrible and dysfunctional on macs. Please fix it if at all possible.

Ray, in Firefox, Safari or Camino, just hit command + minus key (to downsize font one point) and it will reduce the font size one click so that everything fits according to their page template. It's a minor inconvenience, and just a biproduct of non-Mac testing during development.

F2000 site run from Safari has been fixed. Thanks!!
    Matthew Inge

Thread Information