Thread: FST Headers

Liked: 0

Default FST Headers

Hi All,

I am new to FST...... former (or reformed as my air kooled friends in AZ would say) Swift Formula Ford racer. I am putting together a program to compete in the ProAutosports program in Phoenix AZ. I checked all of the posts in the forum and I did not see one about headers. I know this is naive question but...... Does anyone make a header specifically for FST?

Thanks for the help........

cheers, geno

Liked: 190

Geno,

Could depend on the make of car. Plenty of guys with converted FV's just re-use the same exhaust. The cyl head spacing is off by 1/2" (1200 to 1600), but you just tug, pull and stretch til the collector fits on (pretty easy) and after one or two sessions, they reshape themselves to the 1600 spacing. Otherwise, a purpose built car may need a purpose built set of headers.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 0

Thanks Bill...... I am not converting from a 1200 so it sounds like I may have some more work to do. cheers, geno

Thread Information