Liked: 0

Default Test #2 of 600cc Car

Saturday my son and I brought the car to a new subdivision where no one lives. Here are a few observations:

It is such a pleasure to press the start button and have instant start. EFI rules.

The 600cc power is instantaneous and very smooth. We only shifted between 1st and 2nd gears. We could not get the motor to upshift without using the clutch. A shift linkage adjustment may be needed. The hand clutch worked very smooth and was not hard at least for testing purposes.

The car is very fast. We were hitting the rev limiter in 2nd and the speedo read 103 mph. Using GearCommander software to correct for the tire size and sprocket combo, this equates to about 73 mph. There was not enough street to shift into third.

The car is loud and sounds awesome. The area we were testing at is 3/4 of a mile from my house. My wife called me during my son's run to say she could hear us loud and clear.

We need to move the seating position forward some. Our arms are out straight which makes for twitchy and tiresome steering. Also, the rear firewall gets VERY hot from the exhaust.

Here is a link to some more video from the session. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-VrTjgN4yU
    Last edited by teamfour; 03.11.09 at 7:26 PM.
    Lee Tilton
    1984 Zink F500/600cc power
    2003 SCCA Gulf Coast Region AP Class Champion (FFR Cobra)

Liked: 309

The car looks and sounds great, Lee...congrats!

I forgot to look...does it have an accusump?

Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Clayton View Post

I forgot to look...does it have an accusump?

Stan
    Stan, the motor has a custom baffled pan. Using Motorex 10w60 oil $$$
    Lee Tilton
    1984 Zink F500/600cc power
    2003 SCCA Gulf Coast Region AP Class Champion (FFR Cobra)

Liked: 309

Thanks Lee...I hope that does the job!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Thread Information