Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 87 Citation FF

Liked: 1886

Yes, Lou Jr. had an '87 FC (built in '88 I believe?) that he ran up until he purchased the '94 FC. The mechanicals from that car were used to build Lou III's FF. The old '87 frame was used to build up an FC for Stiver the next year, which he destroyed out at Topeka a couple of years later.

Yes, MSM called their car Nemesis.

Liked: 4

Default Re: History

Just an update on the Lou Cooper III car. I saw this car run at Carolina Motorsport Park back in 2005. It was then owned by a gentleman in SC. Wow, I was impressed by the level of the build quality of this car as well as being , well, beautiful. I was prepping a couple of S2 cars at the time and just could not quit going by to look at this car. Well after selling my racer last spring I found the owner, called him up and asked if he was interested in selling. The car had not run since 2005 and had been sitting in a garage. He thought it over for a couple of weeks and decided to sell. Well it's here in my garage, raced it last fall as a FC and it is getting ready to race again in March. I'm thinking about converting it back to a FF as I love that class. I have all the FF stuff to convert that came with the car, just need that engine. Oh , by the way, my race last October was race number 20 on the log book from day 1.

Eddie Pendry
    FC #7

Liked: 1886

Glad to hear that the car is still out there and running! If you go back to FF trim, you will be a few development updates behind, but the car is still a good one. John LaRue can help you quite a bit on sorting it, or you can talk with Steve Oseth as he has John's old car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information