Liked: 0

Default The Great Frankie Del Vecchio!!!!!!!!!!!

Were is the GREAT Frank Del Vecchio????

MR Rand,

Is there any truth to the rumor that Frank can no-longer FIT into
    a formula ford?

Is that why his name is not listed as either a VIP or Driver?

MY sources have re-vealed he is hard at work in a secret location in Trumbul, Ct
    tied to a Giant Stair Master with a large clock timed to release him a month prior
    to the 40th re-union. Can you confirm????

He, as many of us know, is"MR Formula Ford" and the funni...est man ever to drive one!
    At last count his record # of total different cars... driven in races... is now at 112.

As you may remember---he drove in the second FF race in the USA held in Lime Rock 1969---
    (factoid- finishing 2nd to Fred Stevenson in matching Lotus 61) the first race was in Williow Spring ???? yes????/

Frank is also known to have won 3 races in a ff in NH in the early 1980's a regional, national and pro FF. He also drove in early pro Atl races hitting a snake up into the air placing it alive into a fellow following him, and rapping around his upper torso.
    Around the same time period he crashed at the end of the very long straight at Summit Point landing upside down ---with mud caked on his face so thick is own brother didn't know him. It was reported corner workers ran from the car thinking it was a SWAMP-MONSTER!

So--- please MR. Rand--- make every effort to get FRANK to enter and attend this very important event. We will ALL need his great story telling ability, great announcing voice and racing knowledge, and wonderful personal comportment to make this event a "once-in-life-time....you had to be there experience".

Best regards
    mark

Liked: 25

Default Contact

I was in contact with Frank in March of 2007 after he acquired my old RF 81 which had gone through Steve Taft to Ian Prout. There was some mention of how he was more of a driver than he had been back in the day.
    - Frank C

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Mr Rand ?
    Mr Malley, Mark, when did we get so formal ?
    Because I can't afford to buy your gorgeous Argo SuperVee ?
    As much as I'd love it, I'd have to sell all my FF/CF stuff and then need to worry about maintenance again and fragile motors and aero stuff, my tired old brain can't even begin to absorb all that again.
    Now, about Frankie D, he's aware, he knows all about the event, he MIGHT be able to fit in his RF-81 this season, depends on the off season, but as lousy as the real estate market has been he might have been forced to lose weight through lack of caloric intake. I did hear theough confidential sources that his initial foray on the StairMaster was brief as the machine gave up on the task early on and gasped it's last.
    Of course he's a hero of the early days of FF, as you correctly note, and needs to be there, but all I can do is beg, which only encourages him to dither, or threaten and then he gets really pissy.
    yes, he was second in the second ever US FF race at Lime Rock in 1969 shortly after the inaugural FF race at Willow Springs. He still claims Fred Stevenson was, um, "stretching" the rules.....some things start early and never change !
    Frankie was a welcome commentator at the 25th Anniversary at Lime Rock in '94 and has only grown, not just the legend, but the man, since as he is now actually racing a Van Diemen RF81 Club Ford again.
    Having been in each others practice marriage weddings some 40+ years ago, neither of which lasted, we have a long long relationship with appreciation of and understanding of each other so I am confident that he won't be able to miss the 40th, he's way to much a party animal these days, again, finally.

Liked: 4

Default 40th

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    ... I did hear though confidential sources that his initial foray on the StairMaster was brief as the machine gave up on the task early on and gasped it's last.
    Glad I'm not the only one who toasted a piece of Excercise Equipment during the winter...

I may not be driving at this event, but still hoping to find some way to have a smaller me make it there.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Default I shall bring him for-us-all!

Lord RAND

I will set aside the month of July on my academic calendar to stop my research agenda and place the 477 +/- del vecchio in my race trailer. Making sure the trailer---ride from CT to Cheeseland is kept at 350 to 400 degrees....allowing him to cook-down to under 225lbs.

With some of that special oil you two raced your alt.'s on ---I believe we can get him into my PRS for a guess tour or two.

AS for the ARGO it's cheaper to run than a F2000 or new FF!

Trades are welcome..

cheers

mark

Liked: 95

Default Frank DelVecchio

Is Frank the guy we saw at the FF25th with the tongue puppet? That had to be one of the most outrageous things I've ever seen!
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Liked: 353

The godfather of tongue puppets. The veritable creator. He Who Elicits a Smile from Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by racersonly View Post
    Is Frank the guy we saw at the FF25th with the tongue puppet? That had to be one of the most outrageous things I've ever seen!
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Default Oink Oink

Ahhh... wintering here in CT. Just let me move this empty bag of potato chips to get to the computer........yesterday was a good day. I found you can see if your toes are still there by lying on your back with your legs in the air. Hmmmm...I once had an ex that did that.
    Rumors that I'm worm food are not true. We're going to get the 'Bad Smell Motel' RV running and tow the 81 Van Dieman out to the 40th along with some vintage tongue puppets.

The Van Dieman was way overweight at the last regional (maybe that's why I'm now nearer the back of the pack - ya right). May have to run without the bodywork to get nearer the limit.

I did finally send out my fuel cell yesterday to be replaced. It was rotten pretty much like the driver.

Anybody have an aluminium head cheap - nah it would have to be free cause I'm still a real estate broker and that means I've been unemployed for two year.....

We will be there somehow.

Uncle Frank aka Del or Fearless Del Vecchio

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Gooood Mornnniingg, Bryr....Remember that day, Frank? We need another one of those comentaries at the 40th- only more crude, rude, and outragious
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Thread Information