Liked: 1417

Default ApexSpeed "Stealth" Mode

At the request of a few regulars, a new 'skin' is now available for the forums. If you head to the bottom of every forum page, there is a new drop menu at the very bottom left that will allow you to select a new Stealth forum skin, to keep the site a little less work obvious. While I'd prefer that everyone uses the loud green and carbon fiber look all the time, we all know it isn't always the most inconspicuous website to have up and running all day. This should also help with PDA forum readers and gerbil-slow internet connections, too.

The new grey one should be a little less obvious for those of you re-allocating your coffee breaks at the office. It's still in tweak mode, so you might see some subtle changes in the next few days to simplify it even more.

Oh, and if you notice specific forums that are reverting to the old Style while you are in Stealth mode, post here, and I ill fix it. There are a couple in the list of forums that are over-ridden manually forcing the main style that I might have missed.

In Stealth mode, you will find:

• No main ApexSpeed banner
    • No user avatars
    • No user signatures
    • Forum advertising relocated to the bottom of each page
    • Minimal ApexSpeed lime green used throughout the site
    • No site background image
    • ...and probably a few more things to come

While this may make our advertising visibility slightly less for the small percentage of users using the new Stealth mode, we'd always ask that you continue to support our forum advertisers, and please do let them know that you appreciate their continued support of ApexSpeed. Without them, this site isn't here to need the Stealth mode during your work day.

d

Liked: 610

Default Steslth

Doug,
    Not that it is an issue for me, but thank you for going that extra step, for those that this is designed for.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 3787

Glad to not need to use stealth mode!

My boss is damn glad I'm on Apexspeed and not somewhere else.

As an ex-bureaucrat I can appreciate this fine offering now available to cube dwellers. Another reason that Apexspeed rocks!

Gilbert will be thankful...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Thanks for putting this skin together. I personally like having a minimal UI, it does perform a bit faster, and focuses on just the info.

Thanks, Doug!

Thread Information