Liked: 190

Default '09 Formula First Series

For those that are curious, we are working on a new type of regional series in the midwest for Formula First starting in '09. One that promotes participation, new drivers and series growth. Most everyone else has announced their '09 series/schedule, so we just wanted to let everyone know that we're working on the final details and will have an announcement shortly.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Looking forward to the details. I'm in the market for a Formula Vee right now with a plan to run a regional schedule in the Milwaukee Region in 09 then make a National run in 2010 and 2011 and try to make the Runoffs. But I'm interested in FST as well and am thinking that could be a future step.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Default Why wait

Matt,

FV is a great class, but to get, maintain and campaign an FV that will be competitive on a National level, you'd be better to start in FST. It's cheaper, faster and less work than an FV. What ever way you choose, you should be getting your car now. The only SCCA drivers school is in April (4 months) and if you miss it, your doing serious travel for a school(or waiting until next year). Those 4 months will fly by and you'll need all of it to get your pre-license BS completed from SCCA. Not trying to be negative, but catering to new drivers is not an SCCA strong point.
    Bill Bonow

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

I'm new to Formula cars, but not road racing and already have an SCCA license. But I am aware that as far away as the season feels today, the clock is ticking. If the economy wasn't so bad and I could move one of the cars I have for sale now, I'd be dealing on a used Citation as we speak! As far as FST goes, I hear you, but the main reason I'm making a move now is to take advantage of the Runoffs being in my backyard for the new few years. If FST was a National class, I would probably head that way. But maybe the details of your program will sway me from that goal!
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Matt,

If you looking at Bernie's car, it's a steal. He's got double that wrapped up in building it. Glad you've got your license. If your goal is the Runoffs, get the FV. We're going to stay Regional for as long as possible.
    Bill Bonow

Thread Information