Liked: 48

Default Allowing FF70 cars to run in the Vintage Group

I propose that cars that meet the monoposto FF70 "club ford" rules be allowed to run with the vintage group at the 40th anniversary event.

As FormulaSuper posted in another thread:
    Put me down as a 10% chance of going at this time. I have a nice restored Lola T-440 that is original & therefore not SCCA legal. I'm not sure if I want to cut into it to bring it up to date or keep it original as a vintage car."

I'm also in the same situation and I know several other guys without SCCA logbooks with a vintage legal monoposto FF70 "club fords" that want to run this event but can't since there car is not up to current SCCA spec nor do they want to put the time, energy, and money to meet SCCA homologations.

PER SVRA Group 2 rules:
    http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.ns...df?OpenElement

I'm also suggesting that all cars running this proposed class within the Vintage formula ford race group be restricted to running this group only and not be able to compete in the club formula ford race. By restricting the car to either vintage FF70 club ford or current club formula ford, this will keep the car counts down in order to run one vintage group and to promote a less competitive atmosphere. This idea will not restrict the pre 73 cars from entering the club formula ford or national formula ford race.

*****<AS A REMINDER, THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION>******

How many others are in the same situation. Do we need to generate a list to prove there is interest in running our vintage FF70 "club ford" legal cars in the vintage class.
    I went to a VARA event several years ago in Vegas and couldn't believe the number of club fords running thier events. How many guys running this series are not up to current SCCA spec and want to race the 40th at Road America?

Do the pre'73 vintage formula ford drivers have a problem with this?

I have a 1975 Van Diemen
    FormulaSuper has a Lola T440
    I know of another guy in my area that has an original 342 to 1975-76 spec
    That's 3 guys. How many more?

Ian Lenhart
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Liked: 123

I have a T440 that falls into this category. FF70 legal but no front roll hoop bars so not SCCA legal.

Brian

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lenhart View Post
    I propose that cars that meet the monoposto FF70 "club ford" rules be allowed to run with the vintage group at the 40th anniversary event.

As FormulaSuper posted in another thread:
    Put me down as a 10% chance of going at this time. I have a nice restored Lola T-440 that is original & therefore not SCCA legal. I'm not sure if I want to cut into it to bring it up to date or keep it original as a vintage car."

I'm also in the same situation and I know several other guys without SCCA logbooks with a vintage legal monoposto FF70 "club fords" that want to run this event but can't since there car is not up to current SCCA spec nor do they want to put the time, energy, and money to meet SCCA homologations.

PER SVRA Group 2 rules:
    http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.ns...df?OpenElement

I'm also suggesting that all cars running this proposed class within the Vintage formula ford race group be restricted to running this group only and not be able to compete in the club formula ford race. By restricting the car to either vintage FF70 club ford or current club formula ford, this will keep the car counts down in order to run one vintage group and to promote a less competitive atmosphere. This idea will not restrict the pre 73 cars from entering the club formula ford or national formula ford race.

*****<AS A REMINDER, THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION>******

How many others are in the same situation. Do we need to generate a list to prove there is interest in running our vintage FF70 "club ford" legal cars in the vintage class.
    I went to a VARA event several years ago in Vegas and couldn't believe the number of club fords running thier events. How many guys running this series are not up to current SCCA spec and want to race the 40th at Road America?

Do the pre'73 vintage formula ford drivers have a problem with this?

I have a 1975 Van Diemen
    FormulaSuper has a Lola T440
    I know of another guy in my area that has an original 342 to 1975-76 spec
    That's 3 guys. How many more?

Ian Lenhart
    Thanks Ian for starting this discussion, I was hoping my post would get something started along these lines.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Ian et al, please see my post under the Canadian Rules thread in this forum, Monoposto has agreed to run their FF70 cars in the VFF race.
    Lengthy discussion regarding this, thanks to Monoposto we can be more inclusive now.

Liked: 48

Excellent news. Thanks Monoposto.
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Monoposto FF70 CFF eligible!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    Ian et al, please see my post under the Canadian Rules thread in this forum, Monoposto has agreed to run their FF70 cars in the VFF race.
    Lengthy discussion regarding this, thanks to Monoposto we can be more inclusive now.
    Thanks for the update Michael, It only makes sense to include these 73-81 cars since they already have their own vintage racing class "FF70 CFF" & this is the 40th Anniversary of Formula Ford Celebration .
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Thread Information