Liked: 555

Default email messages don't have body any more.

Up until a few weeks ago, whenever I got an email message telling me someone has updated a thread I was subscribed to, the email had the posted comments. Lately tho, the email only has the topic title & who added, but not what they added.

Is this a recent forum change?

Just curious.

Thanks.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 1417

Yes, it was an intentional change.

We found that with the full messages in PMs and thread alert notifications, people would instinctively hit "Reply" instead of reading the first line that said, "DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL." This resulted in many daily bounced e-mails back to me, and lots of missed communication between people who thought they were responding to PMs, e-mails and threads.

With this setup, everyone gets their PMs and e-mail alerts and heads to the proper place for forum communications, and we stop receiving dozens of weekly mis-placed e-mail and PM conversations.

Hope this helps,

doug

Liked: 309

That is way too reasoned a response, Doug. Please back up and turn your flame thrower on Russ. It's the new style on ApexSpeed, don't ya know...?

j/k...thanks!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 210

With the economy, the condition of the world and rules changes going on, don't we have enough to worry about without constant changes on the one stable place in our life (Apexspeed) ?

Hoo Rahh for the FORUM!!! Great work guys.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Anything I can do to lessen the white noise in my e-mail inbox makes me a happy camper.

New stuff in ApexSpeedLand coming soon, too.

Liked: 555

Makes sense. I figgered there was probably something like that behind the change.

The only other improvement to Apexspeed I would suggest is to ban Stan. He's been getting way out of line lately. :-).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Doug,

P.S.
    One thing I'd like to see. A way to review ALL images a member has on the Forum and the ability to remove the ones that are no longer important to leave up.

I tried doing it by reviewing all user posts sorted backwards. Uggh.. no progress. If the Forum knows I have 1.6 Meg of pictures up, it MUST know where they are.

Perhaps a way to search member posts that include a picture? I tried using "JPG" as a keyword or a tag and didn't help.

I can do it manually, but it's a Admin function. I can delete all of your posted photo attachments prior to a certain date, if you like. Say, prior to Jan 1, 2008?

That would be sweet. Make it BEFORE JUNE 1, 2007 (200 SEVEN) and lets see what happens. That should clear out the ancient clutter from SIM racing.

There wasn't much in the database from before June 1, 2007, for some reason, Rick. Not sure how long we've had photo uploads, or if that was pre- old server bandwidth issues, and we force pruned everything anyway.

I dumped about half of your photos from old posts, so you should be better now.

We'll see if we can find something to allow users to manage their own photos. It's an inherent issue with vBulletin forums and the new "features" they continue to develop.

doug

Thread Information