Liked: 1417

Default Autobahn Country Club National, August 18, 2008

Some random shots of the 2 Formula car race groups from over the weekend of racing.

Camera is digital Nikon D70S with a cheapo Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G. It's a little too light for my tastes, and is tough to hand-hold in any breeze, but for $90, it's a no-brainer beater tele.

Autobahn CC National Gallery

Liked: 14

Default thanks for the pics man

Doug

the pictures of the start are great, i love it ! i had the best start ever, the pictures showed how we got three wide in turn one, great race after that, i like racing against FE's , they are better cars, and keep getting faster.
    JRM FM 45

Liked: 3

Doug,

Nice shots! I have the same set-up D70 with the 70-300 (I paid $98 on ebay for mine). My favorite "cheap" lense. Putting that lense on a tripod, and shooting in aperature priority helps a lot!! What other lenses do you have? My buddy has the 70-200VR with a 2X teleconverter, if you got $2K sitting around that is the hot set-up!
    Jp: thewarehouse "at" msn.com
    www.myinfinitystore.com
    90 Reynard FF

Liked: 1417

Yeah, a GOOD tripod is on my short list of things I want to get myself.

That lens is GREAT for $90—I don't think there is a better value for any Nikon camera. I really wanted to buy myself one of the Nikon 80-200 mm f/2.8D ED AFs but the prices are still really inflated after 2 years. I picked this one up to be a filler until the prices on those come down a bit, but this lens has done well for me. I figured I could flip it easily, but I'll hang onto it for a while—at that price, why not?

I need to do less hand-held high speed stuff if i want my usable shot to garbage ratio to go up. The tripod or at least a monopod would help a ton.

Liked: 0

Default Three wide in the turn 1 FC station too!

Thanks for the great pictures, you caught me FC'ing at turn 1, I'll show the kids. It was a great day of racing. gfg
    Stommelen
    (brake operator of a Cortina RF83 and corner worker for all sort of competitive auto and moto racing )

Thread Information