Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 0

depends on run groups. Could be 3 sessions after lunch or 2 or more. Hopefully we will have our own group a.m. and p.m. Sometimes they group us with the SRF crowd early. So you would have 1 or 2 sessions. Leave earlier to be safe. Seat time is key.
    Jeff O

Retirement isn't so bad, I'm actually earning a living and having a little bit of fun instead of working on cars 24/7. I do miss the racing and will find a way to shoe horn that back in, I'm always looking for excuses to go to the track! The biggest downside is watching the team that I built crumble but I can't change that, they know how to do things better

You better kick ass Mr. Owens!
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Although seat time is crucial, I'd have to leave my house at 5 am, register, get the minor pass for Steven, set up, and then hurry up to test. I'll be there early Friday afternoon though. (2-3pm)
    Steve
    1984/86 Reynard SF2000
    WDC Region

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Steven McWilliams View Post
    Although seat time is crucial, I'd have to leave my house at 5 am, register, get the minor pass for Steven, set up, and then hurry up to test. I'll be there early Friday afternoon though. (2-3pm)
    Is a minor pass required for the test day or just for the SCCA event?

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910

Quote Originally Posted by Chas Shaffer View Post
    Is a minor pass required for the test day or just for the SCCA event?
    Any minor pass that BSR might/might not require for the test day is entirely separate from the SCCA minor waiver.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Default Pass

SCCA requires one for anybody under 16 (Steven's 15). And it can last all year, or just one SCCA Race. Once you're 16 you don't need one, and you're allowed to enter the grid. So steven just stands on the fence, takes pictures.
    Steve
    1984/86 Reynard SF2000
    WDC Region

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Sorry I'm not racing

I screwd up my schedule by assuming my car would be ready early in the season. It wasn't. I promised that I would steward this race at Summit, so I'll be there, but not racing. I look forward to meeting those of you that I haven't had the chance to meet yet. If you don't have a chance to say "hi," just wave...but please use all your fingers.

Larry Oliver
    Operating steward this weekend, driver later...
    Larry Oliver

Great racing this past weekend at the Point with 12 FC's taking the green flag. Mike Hummel took the pole with a 1:13.8, followed by Chas Shaffer, Nick Palacio, and Tony Williams (me). Chas checked out early (and I mean really checked out), followed by Hummel, I got around Nick on the outside of T1 at the start, then got aroud Hummel at the exit of ten when Mike missed a shift ,with NIck also getting by. I led Nick and Mike in a good close battle for a few laps, then I went off in 5 and the Nick and Mike train got by. I was able to resume behind Mike and Nick with out loosing more postions, then I spun in 5 a few laps later letting Scott Lawrence and Andy Schaufelberger by. Congrats to Nick Palacio for a well driven race taking home the Checkered Flag in his 98 Wide Track VD (iron head Pinto), followed closely by Mike Hummel and his super bad ass alum headed 97 Wide track Van Diemen with lots o other cool tricks. Chas broke the diff in his 00 VD Zetec towards the end of the race while leading by a country mile. I rounded out the top three was in an iron head 2000 VD, squeaking by Scott Lawrence's 98 VD at the line (thanks white CFF). Good clean racing, no crash damage, unfortunately Jeff Owens was a DNS due to his newly rebuilt bullet not maintaining oil pressure during Friday practice. He definately would have made the race even more interesting. I should have some video to post in the next couple of days. If anyone else grabbed a copy of the reults, maybe you can postthe rest of the results (I didnt get one).
    The FV race was just plain awesome with the top three swapping positions what seemed like every lap.
    It was unbelievably hot, and the track is pretty chewed up, but great action nonetheless.
    Thanks again to Chas for making the the Formula Pro Racing guys feel at home.

Liked: 99

It was a great race and many thanks to Chas and Tony for making this happen. The turnout of FC cars was fantastic! The race unfolded just as Tony said and it really was a close battle till the end, I could see Mike not too far in my mirrors for the final 7 laps or so. At the finish, I was 2.95 seconds ahead and he was making up ground. Tough break for Chas as he pulled a nice lead at the start on cold tires and let us 3 battle it out while he ran away. By the time I finally got around Tony, he was 10 seconds out ahead of me.

Final results have not been posted on MyLaps as of yet but here is how the track sheets read:

1. Nick Palacio- 1:14.326
    2. Mike Hummel- 1:14.426
    3. Tony Williams- 1:15.181
    4. Scott Lawrence- 1:15.891
    5. Ross Barna- 1:16.812
    6. Steve McWilliams- 1:17.841
    7. Jason Slahor- 1:19.708
    8. Chris Montheleone- 1:20.726
    9. Lindsey Wolfer- 1:18.595
    10. Gus Mohammadi- 1:20.194
    11. Andy Shaufelberger- 1:17.598
    12. Chas Shafer- 1:14.001
    -Nick

Just wanted to thank to Brad from Primus and Kris of K-Hill Motorsports for making it possible for me to test, qualify and race despite a broken ring gear, CV, shear plate and other little parts I can't even name.

Kris and his team dropped a new transmission in between 6am and Q1 and two new axels in before Q3. These guys were really getting it done managing 4 cars at once, making it look easy.

Also want to thank Scott and Chas for the driving tips.

Thanks everyone and see you again soon!

-Ross
    2002 VD zetec

Default Awesome weekend!

Thanks to all for an awesome weekend, minus that white FF (not really I wish him well too ) who always seemed to get in my way in the same place all weekend...but hey that's racing...and I learned something from it just as Tony was drag racing past me for 3rd... Good job to everyone keeping the race clean and fun and with only a few agricultural excursions.

Thanks as always to Kris and the K-Hill Motorsports team (Tommy & Craig) for giving me a car much faster than I am! Thanks to Brad at Primus as well for having the correct halfshaft on hand for me! Thanks also to Chas for the critique of the video...it obviously helped since I broke into the 15's finally!!

I look forward to seeing you all again...definitely in Sept, possibly in Aug.

Scott

Anyone know who shot the photos that weekend? it wasn't travis trussle...
    2002 VD zetec

Liked: 99

Quote Originally Posted by rbarna View Post
    Anyone know who shot the photos that weekend? it wasn't travis trussle...
    Ross, I know Roz was there but I do not believe he takes digital photos? I know, makes no sense to me either.... I would give him a buzz if you are interested in buying some. I did speak to him earlier in the week and he did confirm that he shot our session and was going to send me some, I am sure he would have some of you as well. His number is below.

607-217-4797
    -Nick

Liked: 9

A belated thanks to all the wings and things drivers for having a great event. If not for all the break downs in testing we would have had the 4th largest group out of 10 after SM, SSM and ITA which is saying something considering two years ago we were almost banned from the MARRS series for poor participation.

I particularly want to thank everyone for working together in the paddock. We were able to fit 14 cars in 8 paddock spots and still had room to spare!!!

I guess we learned just how far we can go with the diff, time to back off a little and get some reliability.
    Last edited by Chas Shaffer; 07.07.08 at 11:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information