Liked: 0

Wanted To Buy Looking for FE...

Looking for FE in very good cond. Must be low hr. car with most all upgrades & large spare package. I am not in a hurry and am looking for someone who wants out.Contact me :
    Mike@capps.com
    Kind Rgds

Default spares

Many FE owners don't carry their own spares, relying on the local CSR to be at the track when they need them.

That was one of the selling points. The racer doesn't have to carry his own spares to the track or do special searches to get parts.

Liked: 1

All things considered, I have a pretty reasonable budget and the only spares I carry are wheel nuts, hoses, full set of fasteners, axles, and an input shaft as these could fail on a test day and be something I would want to swap as opposed to heading home. I bought the FE so I wouldn't have to deal with carrying parts and expect my local CSR to be at my events with a full spares package OR to provide me with a spares package to take if he can't make it.

IMHO, a better investment with the FE is to take your spares money and buy a setup pad, scales, all the service tools, and a good data/video system as these will get you much further for the same outlay.

The only thing that would change my opinion is if you live in the middle of nowhere and don't have a CSR to provide spares.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 77

What does CSR stand for?
    These are cool cars but here in the far west you have to run with all manner of cars and it gets wild I hear tell. I think they had 52 in the group last weekend at Sears.
    Looks like having 60 Miatas running is squeezing things a bit.
    As long as I'm asking dumb questions how do the season costs compare with FF/CF?
    TIA

R. hybels
    Hybels

CSR - Customer Service Representative, this is your technical point of contact and parts source for the car.

Seasons cost are lower than FF/FC. I would guess the same as an F2000.

Im running F2000 this season and I have run a very full season in FE.
    FE is about half for a weekend of an F2000 and I imagine FF/CF is about 1/2 of an FE. Regardless, you cant beat having every spare part everywhere you go and all the help you need at the SCCA events. BTW, these cars are quick!!!!
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Inge View Post
    Im running F2000 this season and I have run a very full season in FE.
    FE is about half for a weekend of an F2000 and I imagine FF/CF is about 1/2 of an FE. Regardless, you cant beat having every spare part everywhere you go and all the help you need at the SCCA events. BTW, these cars are quick!!!!
    I rated the FF/FC as a higher cost to run since the Pinto motors seem to need $3500 rebuilds in 900-2000 intervals where the F2000 and FE get 3-4+ seasons. Not to mention that being older cars, they tend to require more maintenance to whip into shape. I have no first hand experience but I do know a couple of FF and FC guys that have shared their running costs and they are higher than mine so who knows.
    Last edited by Blacksport350; 04.03.08 at 9:46 PM.

Liked: 25

FE's aren't hard on gearboxes. Some drivers are though.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    FE's aren't hard on gearboxes. Some drivers are though.
    This is very true!

Thread Information