Liked: 59

Default Physical Exam Interval

So I have to go into the doc's tomorrow to get my physical (before I start on an 11-hour drive) since I've been doing it every 2 years for some time now. I get out the form that National mailed to me, and it now says every three years for those of us aged 40-49. However, the 2008 GCR Para 4.4.1.A says:

A current physical examination form must be submitted every five (5) years for applicants ages 16-35; every two (2) years for applicants ages 36-59; and every year for applicants age sixty plus (60+).

I don't see anything in the Master Technical Bulletin from 20 Feb 2008, so is the medical form just plain wrong? It doesn't even use the same age ranges....

Since my last physical was March 2006, if the 3-year rule was actually right, I could skip the doc's this year and get on the road....

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 77

Eric:

I wish I could answer your question, but I can't. I suggest you call the National office tomorrow and ask for the licensing department. 1-800-770-2055.

Dave

Liked: 555

Eric,

This wont help you, but I thought it was worth sharing.

I think it's great that you can log in to the SCCA site and see your current information, including the date of your last physical. That is something I've always had a hard time remembering.

I'd second Dave's advice. Every time I've called SCCA in the last year or two, they've been able to quickly answer my question. They seem to have a good crew in there these days.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 59

Thanks to both of you, Dave and Russ. I agree that the licensing info on the website is great - use it all the time. Also like to order the hard cards for my wife and me - really easy to do right from there, they are slick looking, and you don't have to cut, paste and laminate. Also agree that the licensing folks at National have always been more than helpful.

Had I bothered to get the form out of the envelope before the night before my appointment, I would have certainly called them. As it is, I'll be done with the physical before folks in the midwest show up for work...I'll check with them anyway when I send my stuff in, and report back on my findings.

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 210

There are 2 plus's to this, Eric.

Even if not due this year, you've refreshed it so it won't be due for some additional time!
    It will be less expensive now then it will be in the future
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Greg Mercurio

Make sure that every single item is checked, each box scribbled in or otherwise explained or the folks at HQ will reject your exam, requiring an additional trip to the doc to get the deficiencies corrected.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Just saw this post. I spoke with licensing on Monday, they indicated the GCR was wrong. Use the info off your renewal form instead.

Liked: 30

I'm sooo OLD that I have to do one trice a year!!

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    There are 2 plus's to this, Eric.

Even if not due this year, you've refreshed it so it won't be due for some additional time!
    It will be less expensive now then it will be in the future
    3. There's a third plus; God forbid, if you do have some kind of medical condition it's best to catch it early!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 608

if the scca throws a medical form in with your renewal application, get it filled out......if there's not one in there, so be it............it's that simple

Liked: 0

Mom knows best! just get one every year for preventative maintence!
    Jeff O

Thread Information