Liked: 0

Post What to look for in used FM's?

Hey guys, first poster here!

So I'm looking at getting into FM and was wondering what I should look for when checking out used FM's? Should I stay away from the real old cars and try to buy newer ones, or does it not matter as long as it's updated? And how do I know it is up-to-date?

Spares and extras are nice, it's great if it was maintained by a reputable shop, bad if it's ever been bent... But beyond that stuff I really don't know what to look for.

Liked: 0

Default check logbook

all cars are requied to have a logbook. Check each page carefully. If there was any damage in a race, it will be recorded in the logbook. The very next race entry in the logbook should have a notation by the tech folks that the damage was repaired and that the car is approved to race again.

FM chassis are tanks, relatively, and will take a lot more abuse than FC, FB, FF, CF etc. So most damage is limited to suspension pieces which can be replaced.

Liked: 3787

Great cars for beginners. Super competitive around Runoffs time. Probably the lowest operating cost of any winged car. Great car for 'big boned' people. Engines last for ever.

Ask about the "seals". Some are legal for national racing, some not. I'm not an expert on the subject. Someone needs to fill you in on the subject. But understand it, and be aware.

Track ready cars have been going for less than $19K.

Liked: 9

Default All you need to know and more

PF is right on. And with the 12-18 of us in SF Region plus World Speed at Infineon, you will have all the show and tell information a guy could want at your disposal. C'mon up Sacto way on the weekends in March and 3 of us will be prepping for the first race. As we've discussed, more later.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Thread Information