Liked: 0

Default Anyone using a Scroth Hybrid II HANS Harness?

I like the idea of the lap adjuster, but wonder if it requires big holes in the seat or if it is hard to get the adjuster so it doesn't ride on your hip.

Anyone using it?

See attached pic?

Liked: 5

I have the Hybrid II in my Elise and love it. By far the most comfortable harness I have worn. I went out and measured my belts and the minimum distance from the center of the bolt hole to the end of the adjuster is 5.5". You just can't get them any closer due to the stitching for the adjuster. Of course you can make it longer. Let me know if you need any other measurements.

They make two different sub-straps and that isn't shown on the HMS website. There is an adjustable one and a non-adjustable. Make sure you get the non-adjustable as you will never have room in a formula car for a sub strap adjuster. You can also call HMS Motorsports. They are the importer of Schroth Belts over here and are extremely helpful. I must have spent hours on the phone with them going over every detail to get a set of belts to fit the Elise. It is a very difficult car to get belts into properly.

Last edited by lancer360; 02.06.08 at 10:56 AM.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked: 10

We have tried Willians and Simpson and now use the Hybrid II. We would by them again. Easy to adjust and like the way the sub belts attach to the camlock.
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Liked: 611

Default harness

If this is for a formula car, then my question is, who is it that's going to adjust the lap belt tension properly, once you're tucked in the car?
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Contributing Member Bill Kincaid's Avatar
    Liked: 1

I've been using them in a Zetec VD, having switched from Willans. I like the shoulder belts- they really do seem to fit the HANS properly. But... the lap belts are a pain. Not at all easy to tighten by myself. On the other hand they're not really any worse than the Willans nonadjustable ones- you can just leave them preadjusted. It took some fiddling to get the lengths set correctly so the adjusters were at the right point wrt the seat openings and my anatomy. I find the release is not as easy to work as the Willans. I guess what I'd personally like is a Willans with the HANS-specific features of the Schroth.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

You can get them without adjusters and install them just as you normally would, assuming enough length on the 2" belts.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Greg Mercurio

I've been using them for 3 years and I will replace them with the same harness when these expire. I can tighten them by myself in my RF94 enough to sing soprano. Once the crotch straps are adjusted, they are a no-brainer. Leave them loose, get in the car, plug them in and pull.

Douglas Brenner

I have them on my car and have sold several sets with no complaints. The 2" lap is more comfy and safer. The material is lighter and thinner than the Willins and others. The model you are showing is not the correct one. The formula car hans ones don't have an adjustable lap and have a D ring instead of the crotch straps clipping onto the lap belts. Douglas

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Doug,

What is your price for the formula car HANS set?

Thanks,
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Douglas Brenner

The belt that I suggest and have been selling is the Formula II-H. The bad news is they just went up in price to $340. Freight is about $11. The good news is that they are good through 2013. Thanks............Douglas

Liked: 9

Default Yeah, they're good

I like mine. I have them adjusted where I like them and don't feel the need to cinch them up after I'm in. The adjusters haven't slipped a bit. The bonus is the ease with which the belts can be adjusted for a different driver.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Thread Information