Liked: 309

Default "Vintage" F-1000 FS near Seattle

It's actually an '83 Van Diemen FF converted to m/c power with an 1100cc Kawasaki, vintage F-5000 style wings and FM tires and wheels. Looks extremely well done and is offered at $9500.

Disclaimer: Found while surfing...the usual disclaimers apply. That said, maybe one of our NW brethren could pop over and take a look for a first hand report.

'83 Van Diemen F-1000

Happy New Year, everyone!
    Last edited by Stan Clayton; 01.01.08 at 2:59 PM. Reason: corect speeling errir... ;-)
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 210

VERY interesting Stan. But I'm sorta surprised to see you promoting that CFB class Jeff proposed a while back

But any way, gosh, I've never seen that car at a track up here. Looks resonably clean though. Perhaps when Jeff sees this post he can comment on whether he has ever seen it.

I blew up the photos to look at the houses and street but I don't recognize the area (yes, I know greater Seattle that well). Only contact info is through race-cars.com but I'm gonna try another approach.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 309

I don't know about CFB, but I do know I'm in favor of getting as many cars on track as possible!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 11

The add states that the engine could easily be re-sleeved for F1000 competition... not true. It could probably easily be re sleeved but then it would not be a stock motor and thus illegal. Might not be hard to swap out the motor for a more recent 1 liter.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 0

would be a nice formula libre car here in canada!
    78 lola t 540
    95 Integra ITA
    89 volvo 740 turbo

Liked: 210

Well, here's the low down on this baby. Might be a sweet one in FS or FL depending on your sanctioning body. Richard T. "trout" Roberts identified it.

QUOTE:
    You are absolutely right. It is Dave Shininger's car as created by the guys at DND Fabricating. The car has not been raced since it's conversion and should be in excellent condition. Dave was a composites engineer (tech?) at Boeing and has done some very nice modifications to the bodywork. This would be a great addition to the FL mix or as a conversion to a club level sports racer with some additional bodywork mods. The $9500 price tag may be a bit high for the current market but doesn't come close to what Dave has into the conversion. For more info, give Ken or Tracy or Stuart a call at DND, 253-435-1616.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Quote Originally Posted by carnut169 View Post
    The add states that the engine could easily be re-sleeved for F1000 competition... not true. It could probably easily be re sleeved but then it would not be a stock motor and thus illegal. Might not be hard to swap out the motor for a more recent 1 liter.
    That would be the better option. Years ago my '93 ZX-11 "only" showed 138 hp on the dyno. That's less then the Pinto. Resleeve it smaller and you loose even more.

mmmmmm....I like it.
    Scott Duncan

Crossle 50F F1600

Thread Information