Liked: 3787

Default ARRC 07 Pictures

John and others know the story. Thank you Hoosier for putting JR2 on R60s!
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.07.09 at 9:41 PM.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Default Cool

Great pics PF!

Did you get any of the poor FF on the Dunlops? That guy was out to lunch with that tire choice!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 3787

I think it is blurred... you must have been going faster than you thought.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.07.09 at 9:31 PM.

Liked: 229

Wow Gary good for you. I was wishing I could have made it down with Kyle. He got into the 32's in March on dunlops in his second time in a car. Bad timing for me at this end. Brian.

Default ?

PF,
    Where were the pictures taken? Fortunately, I hadn't seen that part of the track looking backwards. But I can tell you what 11 looks like backwards!
    The pictures look clear and crisp - definitely not going too fast. It looks like the car is doing a lot of sliding compared to the CF behind (JD King).

Brian,
    I should have contacted you about tire info. Thanks for rubbing it in....
    Garey Guzman
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 0

Default 10B

it took me a while to figure out where they were taken, too.

the pics are cropped so that the track looks flat rather than the uphill slope that it actually is.

Looks like I am pointing the wrong way! hmm good fun.

Liked: 73

Default nice pics

Nice job of the photos, thanks for sharing.

It is a shame that the safety car pileup caused confusion in the total scoring of the event. We were circulating under full course caution and everyone was catching up to the safety car/field when a wreck occured on the back straight over the rise after 7. It was the dreaded "catching the field over a blind brow" that did in 3 cars, Todd Bardwell being one of them. He fractured his ankle as a result of the frame bending back a bit.
    The resulting red flag should've frozen the field as it was ready to restart that lap. But for some reason they reshuffled the deck, which in my opinion ruined a bit of the flavor of the whole event.

All in all a great event though. Thanks Butch for your hard work.
    Last edited by J.D. King; 11.13.07 at 1:57 PM.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

The other story in Cf was Rollin Butler donned a new helmet and gloves to test Don Baggets Crossle, the old guy still has it, ran all Thursday and looked good drifting it out of 12. I understand he will be doing Vintage events, Could he be preparing for a 40th anniversary outing?

John

Liked: 115

Default Rollo Rides Again

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson II View Post
    The other story in Cf was Rollin Butler donned a new helmet and gloves to test Don Baggets Crossle, the old guy still has it, ran all Thursday and looked good drifting it out of 12. I understand he will be doing Vintage events, Could he be preparing for a 40th anniversary outing?

John
    We'll have to carry him to Road America on our backs! For sure he'll do some vintage - he's already got the Dunlops. I'm hoping to talk him into some SARRC stuff too. But it's Don's car & he figures there's less chance of expensive carnage at the vintage races. Heck, I can testify to that. I was with him today trying to talk him into the VDCA thing at RRR in December. Might take some more work. The car looked OK - pretty minor damage. I'll call Fran. Ha!

jg

Default Dunlops

Garey: Please tell us more about the Dunlops. I ran them in vintage many times, but never on a modern FF. Are they slower than slicks? Why were you running them at the ARRC? Was there a FF class at the ARRC? Did you run them all year? Would it make any sense to allow any FF to run as a CF it is on Dunlops?

Thanks!
    Craig Jones

Default Dunlops

Yes, there was a class for FF's on hard tires (FFX). Only 3 of us showed up with the other two guys on R60's.

They are WAY slower than slicks! I got into the 31's at the June National but 35's last weekend. As Brian mentioned earlier, his Canadian crew got into the 32's with them but I think they were all younger, braver and much more used to the tires. I lost a fair amount of time each lap just because of how squirly they were under braking! (James Lee, please ignore that last sentence) With some more practice and some car fine-tuning, I think I could have gotten into the 33's.

JRII was running about 32 flat with the R60's in qual and mid-32's in the race while the two best CF's got into the 34's for qual but none better than 35.1 in the race. It seems that later FF's still have an advantage, even with everyone on hard tires.
    Garey Guzman

Liked: 27

Default What the?

Garey,

What is all that tape all over your car? and the NACA duct covers, not trimmed, fitted.
    Your going to make me look bad

We need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Irwin View Post
    What is all that tape all over your car? and the NACA duct covers, not trimmed, fitted.
    Your going to make me look bad

We need to talk.
    Tom,
    You've still got sharp eyes for an old guys!

Tape and poor fitment are a direct result of being over 2000 miles away from the best composite's guy I've ever met! Since I moved in June 2006, the gaps have gotten wider and the car has become less attractive. Fortunately, I've found some really great tape that doesn't budge!

Let me know if you want to move to TN, or maybe come visit for a month!
    Garey Guzman

Liked: 27

Garey,
    It's been a good week. We built two Nissan GTP bodies. An 88 & a 90. a McLaren M8 body, almost done with the Cobra Daytona mold.
    In the mix was an S2 nose, Van Dieman FC engine covers and some Ralt parts.
    Next week I'm going to start the guys on some DB-1&6 masters. Weeee!

Default Swift parts

Tom,
    Let me know when you get stuff available - I know they'll be worth the price! I'm sure you won't charge $100 "box" fee like another company does!
    Garey Guzman

Thread Information