Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 272

Default Area 12 SCCA Election

As I read the Runoffs thread I though I needed to post the fact that I am running for Area 12 Director against a popular registrar Kay Fairer. My frustration with the decisions on too many classes, Runoffs structure and too many other issues made me feel that we need more racers on the BOD. Whether I win or lose at least i tried to help the decision making process. In area 6 Lisa noble (FV) Chuck Clark (IT?) and Peter Zekert are running - all racers. We need more on the BOD next year. Most of the time there are no racer candidates - sometimes its hard to get anyone to run for the BOD.

Its really easy to sit back and the Formula car guys are absolutely the least political animals in the Club. Run for office in your area, whether it is on your local race board (can't complain about race groups then) or Nationally. If you are not part of the decision making process then be prepared to let people that don't race make your decisions for you.

My frustration boiled over earlier this year on the whole 30 class structure and the Runoffs issues with participation and location - hence the election candidacy. BTW I've been prepping Formula cars for 30+years - if you are in area 12 I hope I get your vote - if not at least vote for one of the candidates.

Phil Creighton

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

got my vote and juniors

Liked: 610

Default Area 12 SCCA

Phil,
    I'm glad to see that you are jumping back into the fire.
    Although you are not in my area (you would have my vote), I hope others take heed of your words and vote racers like you in.
    Keith Averill
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Default Zekert worth a vote

Phil, You are the man for the job. If I were in your area, I would vote for you. All you guys in area 6 should take a look at Peter Zekert. He is a GTL guy and not an openwheel racer, but he IS a TRUE club racer that gets things done! Highly motivated and willing to listen. I am NOT in his area either, but know him from my years in GT. He would be worth a vote.

Mike Agnifilo
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 0

Default Aren't you guys in Area 3?

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post
    got my vote and juniors
    I don't know what region you are in but basically the whole state of FL is Area 3.

We do need more racers and less beauracrats on the BOD, but I do not want to imply that Kaye is a beauracrat, but Phil has a point. Vote for Phil!
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Default In the mail

sent my vote off this morning...
    Best of luck to Phil
    Justin Smith FC#9 SARRC

Default LIsa Noble

LIsa, Is a hard working driver and supporter of the SCCA. She is as upset as are most of us,
    and is in favor of changes for the better. She would make a great Director. Vote for her and by the way she has the time to do the job properly.
    Bob Lybarger/Lybarger Racing/LRE/Director Area 5

Liked: 190

Bob Lybarger forgot to mension that Lisa Noble is currently a Formula Vee driver and just finished 7th at the Runoffs. If living in area 6, I'd put my faith into a current racer that drives a formula car.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Thread Information